Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 10, 2021, 01:39:48 AM
Thank you! True that!  It's helping...    distraction is at a premium. If you can just distract yourself long enough it helps to start bringing the mood around. Compelling entertainment.... relaxing and enjoyable hobby.... etc. 

That's what i'm talking about! Great to see you getting your groove on!   :ph34r:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

That final shot, I get a fairly strong Battlestar Galactica Viper(-ish) impression.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Know what it looks like to me? That Angel interceptor thing.....  from this angle anyway.    It gives off similar vibes. I definitely see the BSG Viper vibe, too.... and a MOSQUITO Vibe. In fact, it gets a pointy thing on the tip of the nose at some point.
-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 10, 2021, 04:54:10 AM
That final shot, I get a fairly strong Battlestar Galactica Viper(-ish) impression.

I had a flashback to the Aston Martin Lagonda  ;D

TheChronicOne

/UGGGGGGH Two more days gone. You can tell someone hundreds of times that they are making you depressed and miserable and how to not do it and they just don't give a damn. That's why I don't see the point in trying to do anything about it. Ain't no medicine I can take that will change another persons behavior. I've been losing a lot of time to this stupid garbage. I got to adding up days and stuff the other day and it turns out I've spent months sitting depressed not getting anything done. Not all at once but it's no problem to just be depressed 3/4 of the time... like only 4-5 days out of a month where I'm NOT depressed so when you drag that out over the years? No wonder it's so difficult to get projects and stuff done! I got to thinking about it the other day..... "why is it I can't seem to get a lot of this stuff done? Because I have no motivation. Why is that? Depressed... "  IT all makes sense now.

Well anyway! Enough bitching. On to the current model efforts. Now I'm once again worried about not making the deadline but I have today, tomorrow, and the next to get it done so that's not a terrible amount of time but I'd rather have three weeks than 3 days. I was expecting to have at least had the thing glossed up after paint by now and ready for decals but as it sits, it's not even primed. It's just sitting there like it was back on Saturday or whatever.  :rolleyes:    Hell, I don't have a name for the thing yet. R-29.....   uhhhhhhh........  Hey maybe SR? What was the 71?  SR stood for Surveillance/Recon. right?   Maybe I can use that on this one instead of just "R-29." Then it can be the SR-29 something or other. BUT .... uhhh.. the plan for now is just to get the thing moving again so I hope to have it primed up. I have a tiny bit of sanding to do. That's one thing I DID manage the other day.... for about 3 minutes I was sanding on the join where I put the new nose on so at least I'm STARTED on it... now I just have to get it "dialed in" and work my way down to finer grits then I glue on the canopy then I can prime it. I'm going to cut a corner and let the primer itself serve as one of the three camo colors. I got my dark automotive primer out for this and the grey should be about right for the dark grey of the Euro-1 camo.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

SR-29 sounds good to me... and the Euro1 sounds even better! You've got a winner on your hands so get it done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

"SR" just sounds so damn cool.... ;D I wanted that one to work but It doesn't make sense, I have learned, so it's out the window. Here's one I hadn't considered....    "U".  I believe that was for "Utility" and like my aircraft, the U-2 was never meant to fight in any capacity and strictly for recon so ... that matches with what my airplane is so maybe that will work?   U-29?!  :rolleyes:   Stupid name crap... I know what DOESN'T work....... just having difficulty settling on what WILL work.

Progress is being made, however! She's ready for paint but I have to stop and wait for the wind to die down. I guess I can work on the jammer and get decals ready or something.
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Well, the Brit's had "PR" for Photo Reconnaissance, while the US had "FR" for the same thing (as opposed to RF, which was a Reconnaissance Fighter).

Probably not helping, hey. ;)

TheChronicOne

OK, check this out............  I'm going to go with Scooter's recommendation and call it the TR-29. It fits the closest and if anyone mistakes it for a Trainer.... well.... that's on them... it won't look like one so hopefully no one will reach that conclusion. Problem solved.  ;D  Now I just need a "name" name.  :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

For the name, what about "Wraith"?

The word originates in Old Norse & has mythological context in relation to being a "watcher"; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%B6r%C3%B0r

TheChronicOne

Very good. Brad (Flyer) beat you to the punch by 18 minutes but I saw this one first and like it so it's official. And....... when you LOOK at this thing from above, the wings make a definite "W" shape so...... why not. Watcher indeed.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

ALRIGHT.... I had about 20 seconds to spare before I blew the deadline but finished the 29.

Now what.....     I would like to do something small and easy if I can. In fact,.... very small. I think it's a Kate? Like... medium bomber.... Japanese WWII crap. I want to turn it into an airliner and naturally it should be ALOHA AIRLINES. HA!  This oughtta go over about as well as the Air France Eurofighter.

But not only that, there's another GB coming up soon and I might mess with that so I'll go have a look to see what the subject is and see if I want to participate. I think I looked a couple months back and found that I wasn't interested in the subject matter but I might have been mistaken and thinking of something else or something.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Nice Watcher there, Brad - the Euro1 scheme looks good and quite suits it.

TheChronicOne

Thanks! Finishing this thing really gave me a boost of mojo that I needed. This year and the last have been HELL on my hobbies.

I think agree about the darker scheme and camo on this thing! For some reason I really enjoy light, bright colors on aircraft in most cases (as evidenced by me taking lots of military planes and throwing civvie or otherwise light schemes on them) but I also love to do the opposite....  and man... I reaaaally think it works well here.

Damn good to see ya, brother!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Thanks; life has a habit of getting in the way and suddenly it's weeks and months later...

nice to be back.  :thumbsup: