Tara, tara, tarupmph - we have some winners !

Started by NARSES2, September 27, 2016, 06:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Well it was a fantastic GB with some equally fantastic creations. So well done to all those who took part but by the very nature of the thing someone has to be voted top of the pile. No prizes just the honour of being voted for by your peers  :thumbsup:

It was very difficult and very close with people running neck and neck to almost the last moment.

So congratulations to -

In Profiles, Weaver for his Ultimate Type 42

In the kits -

First : Old Wombat's Seaspray
Equal Second : Dizzy's Folland Fo 50
and   : Old Wombat - again  :bow: - F6F-3 Hellcat

As we have an tie for second I've decided no third (also there were 3 of you  :angel:)

So very well done to everyone who took part  :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Woh! :o

Congratulations to Weaver & Dizzy! Great profile & a great build amongst a ridiculous number of great builds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was watching & hoping but I wasn't expecting.

A massive, heartfelt "Thank you!" to everyone who voted for the Spyray (Seaspray? Really? ;) ) & the Hellcat. Seriously! It's a real buzz! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

And thanks & congratulations to Chris for moderating such a successful GB! :bow: :thumbsup: :cheers:

(PS: I think Dizzy did himself out of a clean sweep by having too many great builds in the GB & diluting his votes. Kudos, mate! :thumbsup: )
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Congrats, folks!!!   I nearly missed voting on this. I'm still finding my way around.  LOL

But, I did find my way here and it was really fun to sit down for a couple of hours and look through everything. I hadn't seen most of it so that was fun to do that and go through and compile and sort things.

It was rough... so hard to choose from all this nice stuff...it wasn't easy voting!

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

A lot of entries in that GB, and all damned good!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Rat on September 27, 2016, 12:37:57 PM
A lot of entries in that GB, and all damned good!  :thumbsup:

Same here, that was tough to vote for, congrats to the winners and everyone else for their work, great stuff! :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kitbasher

Top banana Weaver, Old Wombat and Dizzy, congrats to you all.  What an excellent GB.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

loupgarou

Congratulations to the winners! And again thanks to the moderators.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Glenn Gilbertson

Well done the winners and indeed all the entrants - there were so many fine efforts to choose from. A very creative GB - thanks for organising it, moderators. :thumbsup:

Weaver

Gosh, thanks very much! I nearly didn't enter at all!  :thumbsup:

There were loads of entries in this one and all to a very high standard, so well done to Old Wombat and Dizzy. :thumbsup:

Thanks also to NARSES2 for moderating to his usual high standard. :thumbsup:

I'm always a little dubious of accepting credit for a shipbucket profile since the basic artwork was drawn by somebody else (I'd never have the patience) and all I did was modify it, so can we please also have a round of applause for 'Hood' who drew the basic Type 42 profile, 'Gunship', 'MihoshicK' and 'Bezobrazov' who drew other profiles that I used for inspirations/comparisons/parts-donors, and 'K.W.Vestergaard' who drew the gorgeous coat of arms?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 27, 2016, 07:35:56 AM

A massive, heartfelt "Thank you!" to everyone who voted for the Spyray (Seaspray? Really? ;) )

Apologies. The dodgy eye is being even more dodgy at the m  :banghead:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Not only did I miss out on winning, I missed out on voting! Arg!

Congrats to Ye Olde Wombate and Dizzy! Bravo!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Well done to both those who won and those who entered and many thanks to old whatsisname who moderated it.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Congrats to the winners ! Loved this GB especially the aviation part. Just something about naval aviation eh ? I think this should be a recurring build  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

OMG, three days offline, and first thing I find is that the tiny Folland flying boat is on the winners' rostrum!  :lol:

I did not expect that push, it looked good for third place or so - but that comes unexpected!! :party:

Congratulations to Old Wombat, too, everyone who voted, and - more important - everyone who took part in the GB (so much good stuff, giving three votes was tough, but five or more would not have made it easier...), as well as for the moderation and voting effort behind the scenes! Highly appreciated!  :bow:

Yahoo!!!

Leading Observer

Congratulations to the winners :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and a special vote of thanks to our esteemed Moderators :mellow:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures