Bristol Blairgowrie - Finished pics Page 5

Started by zenrat, September 28, 2016, 05:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

My God!!!  It's beautiful!!   I loved the story, too...   damn fine work all around, bro.   :lol: :lol:

Any plans to make at least one more of the variants you mentioned? I gotta see that PDRV bomber version...
-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Even if those spats make her oh so pretty, I do hope you have (or already had) a plan for the rest of the Heyford ;D

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Glenn Gilbertson

A really beautiful model, with little trace of the Beaufighter apparent. Demented, but I love it - well done! :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That's utterly BRILLIANT Fred, and looks superb in the final scheme.  :thumbsup:

The backstory is hilarious too, here's me chuckling away at gone midnight and Trevor the Cat is looking at me as if I've gone daft.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Thank you everyone.  It is nice when one turns out like the pictures in my head (or doodle).

Brad C - No immediate plans to build another but maybe I will if I come across a couple more airfix old mould Beaus (they should be dirt cheap now the new ones have been out long enough to get around - the old ones really are crude in comparison).  Twotter floats might be the go.

Kit - Glad you enjoyed it.  I juggled the names around a bit before I settled on them as they are.  At one point it was Pope Narses 2nd.
The test pilot is a character from a movie but the other names relate to people here. 

Snowtrooper - No worries.  I have more than enough Heyford bits left - at least 1 1/2 complete aircraft.  it helps that the Matchbox kit has two sets of spats.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 27, 2016, 12:32:38 AM

The test pilot is a character from a movie but the other names relate to people here. 

Yes, I had noticed.................  ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2016, 02:35:37 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 27, 2016, 12:32:38 AM

Yes, I had noticed.................  ;D ;D ;D

As have I, but Season of Goodwill and all that  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

I can live without seeing another for now so we can get on to the next stuff from ZI.   :D 
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Rat on December 26, 2016, 01:31:34 PM
My gob is officially smacked.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2016, 04:29:34 PM
That's utterly BRILLIANT Fred, and looks superb in the final scheme.  :thumbsup:

I'm on board with both the above statements, completely! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2016, 04:29:34 PM
The backstory is hilarious too, here's me chuckling away at gone midnight and Trevor the Cat is looking at me as if I've gone daft.  ;D ;)

He may be on to something! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Now that is good ! It's almost completely unrecognisable now ! Great job. Love the pilot's position and the colours. Great stuff. Would sound awesome as well !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.