1/48 F2A-1 Buffalo replica.

Started by Flyer, September 30, 2016, 01:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

This kit will be built mostly built OOB but with a 1/48 size pilot for a replica warbird.

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Sneaky.  A Whiff of subtlety that could slip past many if they were not paying attention.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

Bags opened and about to make a start. :thumbsup:

I was going to start at midnight but I had a few too many and didn't make it far past 8pm. :banghead: ;D

Flyer

Work was rather rapid today and mistakes were few. :mellow:

A surprise to me was the pilot fits completely above the wing leaving I believe enough room for a basic instrument panel (won't be trying to replicate on model) along with other electrical bits. I was thinking the pilots butt would be on the rear wing spar with the rudder pedals and pilots feet under the main spar. It is much bigger all around than I had planned for making the design and model build much more simple, and would leave much more needed space for a fuel tank IRL. :party:

Wings, fuselage, drinking water tank/headrest and pilots 'seat' is all together. Pilot locks in place but is removable too. :thumbsup:

perttime

Quote from: Flyer on October 01, 2016, 08:00:22 AM
... It is much bigger all around...
Have I mentioned the real world Brewster pilot who was severely reprimanded after flying with two human passengers, a large dog, and some luggage?

Finnish pilots didn't call it the Gentleman's Travelling Airplane for nothing  ;)

TheChronicOne

This is hilarious. I love it. 

The pilot looks like he's jammed into a little bath tub.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Supposed to be a orange helmet and shirt.... :o

I'll be painting the pilot again anyway but I guess I'd better make some changes too...

Horizontal stabilizer and engine added today along with the first coat of white on the few parts that will be. :thumbsup:

Flyer

There, no more 'hijab' :P , repainting was accellerated and the pilot now looks more the part now that he's wearing a leather flying cap with matching gloves, black leather jacket over dark green shirt, brown pants and black boots. As the Buffalo would have a side stick for control the fact that I'm using a navigator figure for a pilot the red folder in his lap is a map/checklist/logbook folder that would normally be kept in a pocket on the other side of the cockpit from the control stick in flight.

Flyer

Quote from: perttime on October 01, 2016, 10:09:52 AM
Quote from: Flyer on October 01, 2016, 08:00:22 AM
... It is much bigger all around...
Have I mentioned the real world Brewster pilot who was severely reprimanded after flying with two human passengers, a large dog, and some luggage?

Finnish pilots didn't call it the Gentleman's Travelling Airplane for nothing  ;)

Cool. :mellow: :thumbsup:

Flyer

All but landing gear, prop and canopy is attached and the underside is all painted sky.

Flyer

All of the sky painting is done, I was going to do the RAF style camo but I have gone another more navy style instead. Problem is I messed it up and it is very thick in places with plenty of brush marks and I cannot sand it down/off as I don't want to remove all the rivets and other details (the ones still showing through the paint that is) so it will be finished as is when I get the enthusiasm to do so, maybe by December twenty something... :rolleyes:

TheChronicOne

Just turn it into part of the "whif" story and make boo boo into a cupcake. Someone bombed the facilities so they had to paint the plane with mops and straw brooms.

:mellow:

But yeah, I feel your pain.. had that happen on my last Yak and just let 'er rip anyway.   :-\ 
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

What a neat idea. I like the improvement of the colours on the pilot. Looks much better now !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Flyer

Thanks guy's. :cheers:

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 06, 2016, 12:28:32 PM
Just turn it into part of the "whif" story and make boo boo into a cupcake. Someone bombed the facilities so they had to paint the plane with mops and straw brooms.

Good idea but it's a civilian sport plane, if the factory got bombed I doubt painting the plane would be considered no matter the application method, and if it was to be armed for retaliation paint would rob some weaponry weight and there is only 150Hp to play with... ;)