the one without the chopping about - Yak-23 'Flora'

Started by kitbasher, October 01, 2016, 01:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

It's KP's Yak-23 'Flora' from 1981 (according to Scalemates) recently bought from NARSES2.

So far most of the cockpit plus the wingtip tanks have been assembled, panel lines scribed.  A simple build, would have been out of the box had there been a box ( ;)), so it's out of the bag with a whif paint job.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

dumaniac

looks like a nice simple kit - I see the nose weights are in - yes?

what camo do you have in mind

kitbasher

Quote from: dumaniac on October 01, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
looks like a nice simple kit - I see the nose weights are in - yes?

what camo do you have in mind

Yes it is a very simple kit, just what the doctor ordered.  Nose weights are in and the camo won't be Soviet.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

That's a cool looking little aero. I can see it with a contra prop on the front end  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 02, 2016, 05:41:19 AM
That's a cool looking little aero. I can see it with a contra prop on the front end  :thumbsup:

I can see a PR version fitted with Attacker wings.  NOVO Attacker wings so the wheel bays can be cut out at the mid-chord point as befits a tricycle u/c.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on October 02, 2016, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 02, 2016, 05:41:19 AM

I can see a PR version fitted with Attacker wings.  NOVO Attacker wings so the wheel bays can be cut out at the mid-chord point as befits a tricycle u/c.

IIRC the Novo, ex-FROG Attacker doesn't have any wheel bays at all does it? So you can cut them to suit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

The Yak-23 is tiny! Now that my donation kit has lost its engine, I wonder if I could graft a propeller engine (maybe a DB 605?) to the nose?

kitbasher

And I've been building this one too!  Nearly finished:

TheChronicOne

That's looking really good so far! Diggin the camo job.  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Finally done (well, it's been done a few days but this is the first chance I've had to post pics).  Really like the old KP kits - up there with Matchbox and the best FROG kits when you need a quick, no frills kitbash.

So OOB apart from the paint job and markings, both 'borrowed' from the not-so-new-now new-mould Airfix MiG-15.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.