#1 DONE +++ Supermarine Jetfire Mk.I, 'YQ-G' of RAF 616 Sq., 1945 (pics @p.2)

Started by Dizzyfugu, October 02, 2016, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

:thumbsup:  :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

As you've already said, the build turned out a lot sleeker than expected
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Doug K

Excellent, may have play with an FAA version, couldn't be much worse than an Attacker :)

Snowtrooper

Still has the graceful lines of a Spit, and does not even look "tadpolish" or pod-and-boom type at all. Subtle and clever! :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much, everyone!  :cheers:

BTW.
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 09, 2016, 07:25:07 AM
I was wondering how this would turn out and now I know. It really works  :thumbsup:

Fantastic model and has given me ideas for a Centaurus engined Spitfire ? Would need clipped wing tips and would be used in the Far East ? Something to muse on. I do have a "spare" Centaurus so might get around to putting up against an Airfix Mk 22 ? Note the word "might"  :angel:

Why not? I have successfully grafted a Centaurus onto a Mustang (did not expect that this would work and even look good), a late Spitfire should be possible, too - even though the intersection between the round engine and the oval fuselage is challenging. In the case of the Jetfire, the exhaust pipes were a good explanation for the fuselage shape, with the originally planned ventral jetpipe things would have gotten more challenging in front of the cockpit section!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Yes, sir! Very good indeed! I was thinking this would look weird, but came out very sleek. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Weaver

Excellent, and schemes of this ilk were studied in real life of course. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TomZ

Looks very good. Love the paint job!

Clever execution with the exhausts.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Librarian

Bit of a mystery...I posted a glowing  :thumbsup: yesterday, along the lines of how I had reservations but the model turned out beautifully, preserving the sleek lines of the Spit. Seems to have disappeared off the thread. Anyway... :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:.

Glenn Gilbertson

I am another sceptic who has been converted - the finished model looks surprisingly attractive! Well done. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I like the Jetfire very much indeed. It looks so logical, and the bifuricated jet pipes really suit it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 09, 2016, 04:10:38 AM
As a side note, the story is not over yet, because there's an engine-less Yak-23 left over, and I wonder what it might look like with a piston engine grafted to the empty nose?

A Yak-9? ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures