XP-76 Double Lightning

Started by Scotaidh, October 06, 2016, 05:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

Quote from: Hobbes on October 07, 2016, 03:11:58 AM
Crap. Photobucket doesn't allow you to insert photos anymore?

I don't post here very often, so not too sure about the picture-posting protocols here.  I went with what I know how to do from StarShipModeler, hopeing that no-one would mind.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Scotaidh

Thank-you all for your kind remarks. 

Trophe, you're welcome.  :)  I have to say, when I first saw your site I was worried that my intended build had been done already.  :)  I'm glad, for both of us, to expand the repertoire.  :)

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

b29r

Very nice and a brilliant concept and backstory.  And your execution of the project was really well done.  Hope to chip in with something similar soon.  ;)

Best regards,
Kem

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Does that ever look good ! Fast and powerful. Love the long snoot, and great job on the paint !

:wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 07, 2016, 02:39:36 PM
Trophe, you're welcome.  :)  I have to say, when I first saw your site I was worried that my intended build had been done already.  :)  I'm glad, for both of us, to expand the repertoire.  :)
Thanks! Your one gave other babies...:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

And other ones, still 4-engined but with triple-tail:

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

ericr

Tophe

Tophe

And also XP-76Z Twin-Double-Lightning and P-76Z Double-Lightning-Zwilling, big! Thanks again ;D

Tophe

The QP-76 was the smallest and the YP-76Z was the biggest:

Scotaidh

Sad news ... the XP-76 was the victim of an unprovoked attack by a ceiling tile yesterday.  When I discovered the outrage, someone had already 'swept up' and most of the snapped-off pieces are now gone.  Any rehabilitation will have to be in the form of a "flying model" - undercarriage up, prop blades removed. 

Worst of all, I'll have to put a pilot in her.  The canopy on the P-38 was the most complicated and stupid canopy ever devised in WWII, I do believe.  Why Lockheed couldn't come up with a sliding hood - heck, just borrow one from the Mustang, or a Spitfire!  Anyway, putting that stupid assemblage together was the worst part of the build, and now I've got to do it again.  <sigh>

zenrat

Sad news indeed.  Reinforces my prejudices regarding decoration of the ceiling.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Condolance for your poor broken model... :-\
But maybe this is an opportunity to transform it, like inventing a different one somehow ;)