1/72 Highball Mossie

Started by Seabo14, October 08, 2016, 05:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabo14

Sorry for the long delay, but I've run into some problems.

The white styrene used for the nf.xix parts are VERY brittle, meaning 3 blades have gone from the prop. This isn't so bad, but heres a warning to anyone attempting the conversion to highball-

DO NOT USE 20 THOU CARD

It is much too thick to hold a curved shape. In my stubbornness I decided to press on, and made a big mistake. I used tube glue. Cue fingerprints and undue melting, especially since I was holding the two sides tightly. In the end, the fuselage was incredibly fingerprinted, and worse, one of the fairings had actually sunk into fuselage by about 3mm. I managed to carve and sand the fuselage sides, but the fairing is still way to low. I may be able to fix it with milliput, but then another disaster happened. I spilt some liquid poly on the table, soaking the front fairing in glue. It is now 2 fairings. :banghead: Damaged surveyed, I've decided to put this project on hold  :-\ I hope to revive it before the end of the GB, but I'm going to start to focus now on my scratchbuild 1/72 Ratte. stay tuned in the WIP section  :lol:

Thanks,

Seabo14

TheChronicOne

Man, hate to hear of the setbacks.  I think you have the right idea, though... work on other things. One day the motivation will strike again. Still a good 2 months left in the GB.

I'm finding my own motivation on my F/U-2 waning because I'm at probably my least favorite part: using putty and sanding it down and all that goes with it.  I put it down for a few days then all of a sudden today the motivation was back.  I was prepared to let it sit for a week or two even! 
-Sprues McDuck-