Stoopid Woody: Finished pics page 2

Started by zenrat, October 08, 2016, 05:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

They are the engines Revell provide in their '32 Ford kits.  It's intended to represent the 5.0 V8 used in the Fox Mustangs in the 80's.
As they are the first thing you replace if you are backdating one of the Revell kits to make a more traditional Hot Rod I had a few of them.
The intake trumpets are electrical ferrules.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Great stuff. And that Santa's Sleigh is too cool ! Great idea I'd love to build one.

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Put the (kit supplied) woodgrain decals onto the panels on the side of the body today.
I've been painting woodgrain on all the  structural timber plus the interior roof, sides and floor and the underside and on the roof under where the canvas top has torn away.  This took time as each needed 3 different colours (base plus 2 dry brushed grain colours) and then gloss clear before a clear yellow wash.

I seem to have got a bit carried away with this one...  :-\ :mellow:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

That's the best kind of away, dude!  lol....     WELL...depending... ;) ;)   

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Spent a bit of time weathering the bench seat today.
Like I said, carried away...

Fred

zenrat

Been mostly working on my woody today. fnarr fnarr chortle fnurk.
I found some shockers in my parts boxes and attached some to the rear suspension.  I also attached the tailgate, firewall, dash, front suspension and radiator.
And having realised it had no petrol tank (under the cowl in front of the dash on the stock Model A fords but then the filler cap is positioned in the middle of the cowl and this does not have that.  I also think if it was my car I wouldn't want to be driving with it there) I found one in my parts boxes, added a filler neck and primed it.

Here is a perfectly in focus picture of a bottle of liquid gravity with a blurred model car in front of it.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Yup - "Curse you, Auto Focus!" ;D

That's looking really sharp, Mr z.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on December 16, 2016, 11:57:05 PM
Been mostly working on my woody today. fnarr fnarr chortle fnurk.
I found some shockers in my parts boxes and attached some to the rear suspension.  I also attached the tailgate, firewall, dash, front suspension and radiator.
And having realised it had no petrol tank (under the cowl in front of the dash on the stock Model A fords but then the filler cap is positioned in the middle of the cowl and this does not have that.  I also think if it was my car I wouldn't want to be driving with it there) I found one in my parts boxes, added a filler neck and primed it.

Here is a perfectly in focus picture of a bottle of liquid gravity with a blurred model car in front of it.

Lookin good there!  I love the way she sits. Killer.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Picture was taken with my phone.  It doesn't like it when things get too close.

Limited modelling time today due to seasonal holiday commitments.  I did manage a bit more on this though.
Body now glued to chassis, steering components sorted, exhaust nearly ready to paint, pedals and gear shift sorted and lots of other little fiddley bits that all cars need.
Fred

zenrat

The Stoopid Woody is complete...

...but Photobucket isn't playing ball so nothing to see here yet.

<Later>

Ah, it's now decided to let me upload.

So, the premise of this one is What If Joe Blow finds an old Hot Rod in a barn, drags it out, cleans it up, adds new wheels, knocks up an exhaust and scrounges a petrol tank from somewhere.
Stoopid Woody 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stoopid Woody 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stoopid Woody 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Stoopid Woody 6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.
2007 Revell boxed release of the 1965 Monogram 1/24 '30 Ford Woody.
Chassis stretched at the front and shortened at the rear and then raked.
Body shortened.
Resin front axle from The Parts Box (www.thepartsbox.com).
In-line six cylinder engine with aftermarket Fisher cross flow head and fuel injection from AMT '51 Chevy Bel-Air.
Scratchbuilt exhaust.
Wheels from AMT Meyers Manx with tyres from my parts box.
Paint is a mixture of enamels and acrylics.  The woodgrain in the panels is decals (the kit comes with a choice of dark or light wood decals) but all the rest is painted with Gunze acrylics.
Distressed roof and seat is tissue paper.

Stoopid Woody 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

I know now't about car modelling in particular but can appreciate a good model of any genre  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

That'll do nicely! I too admire the torn up roof. That's some killer work right there!!  For some odd reason she reminds of a Pinto just a lil bit. (gas tank, but I'm sure this one isn't so proned to being fiery)    ;)  :D  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-