US Fighters in 1/144 (RW)

Started by TomZ, October 09, 2016, 11:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

I'm working on a series of all US fighters in 1/144 (if I can find models of them all.....)

I have now finished the F-80 to F-118

See also on my site:  http://airwar1946.nl/Scalemod/SM-USFighters.htm

TomZ
http://airwar1946.nl/index.htm
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kerick

You have some Migs mixed up in there unless you are counting ones supplied by defectors. :wub:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

They look very good - especially as they're in "ridiculously bloody small" scale! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Quote from: kerick on October 09, 2016, 09:17:43 PM
You have some Migs mixed up in there unless you are counting ones supplied by defectors. :wub:

The Migs were real world! The USAf tested a number of Soviet aircraft and gave them fighter designations.
See http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html

TomZ

RAFF-35

Northrop xp-79, f-8 crusader, the Vought xf5u, cutlass and Douglas skyray don't make an appearance, I'm guessing it's because they're incredibly difficult to get hold of one would imagine  ;D but fantastic fantastic work here, very well done, what make is the xf-103 by the way?  :wub:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

jcf

zenrat

Wow!  That's quite a collection.  Well done.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 09, 2016, 11:27:44 PM
Northrop xp-79, f-8 crusader, the Vought xf5u, cutlass and Douglas skyray don't make an appearance, I'm guessing it's because they're incredibly difficult to get hold of one would imagine  ;D but fantastic fantastic work here, very well done, what make is the xf-103 by the way?  :wub:

F-103 is from Anigrand

I am now working on the post 1962 designations F-1 to F-35 which includes the F-8. The F5U, cutlass and skyray never had an USAF designation, only USN.

After that comes the the P-60 to P-79. I'm still missing some models there: P-64, P-66, P-77 and P-79.

TomZ

sandiego89

Very neat line up! Well done.

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Fantastic line up. I had no idea that many types were available in 1/144
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Quite a few of those are Anigrand bonus kits, IIRC.

TomZ

Quote from: Hobbes on October 10, 2016, 07:18:20 AM

Correct. I think I should get a volume discount with Anigrand  :-\ :-\

TomZ

Captain Canada

Wow....what an impressive collection ! Great stuff.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: TomZ on October 10, 2016, 07:28:49 AM

TomZ

I wish Anigrand would sell off their bonus 1/144 kits individually or package up more bonus sets- they have done a few package sets.  I would really like some of them- like the Sea Dart and Pogo, but I can not justify spending over a $100+ on the main large aircraft, when I just want one of the bonus kits. 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TomZ

Quote from: sandiego89 on October 10, 2016, 07:58:15 AM
Quote from: TomZ on October 10, 2016, 07:28:49 AM

TomZ

I wish Anigrand would sell off their bonus 1/144 kits individually or package up more bonus sets- they have done a few package sets.  I would really like some of them- like the Sea Dart and Pogo, but I can not justify spending over a $100+ on the main large aircraft, when I just want one of the bonus kits. 

-Dave

I have a few times bought an ANigrand kit for the bonus kit and then sold the main kit minus bonus on Evilbay. You don't get the full price back but at least you can get some money making the bonus kits you really want less expensive.

TomZ