US Fighters in 1/144 (RW)

Started by TomZ, October 09, 2016, 11:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Congratulations for this great little collection! :wub:

Quote from: TomZ on October 09, 2016, 10:58:27 PM
The Migs were real world! The USAf tested a number of Soviet aircraft and gave them fighter designations.
See http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html
TomZ
I have read somewhere another pleasant explanation for the F-117 coming after the F-111 with many missing ones. Maybe this is just imagination but the USAF would have secretly refused to be counted with the US Navy. So: after the Navy's F-1/2/3/4 came the F-5=F-112, then the Navy's F-7/8/9/10/11, YF-12=F-113, F-13 was refused for superstition, then Navy's F-14, then F-15=F-114, F-16=F-115, YF-17=F-116, Navy's F-18, then... the mystery F-19=F-117, the count is good! Maybe fantasy but I love this dream! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Quote from: TomZ on October 10, 2016, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: sandiego89 on October 10, 2016, 07:58:15 AM
Quote from: TomZ on October 10, 2016, 07:28:49 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on October 10, 2016, 07:18:20 AM
Quite a few of those are Anigrand bonus kits, IIRC.

Correct. I think I should get a volume discount with Anigrand  :-\ :-\

TomZ

I wish Anigrand would sell off their bonus 1/144 kits individually or package up more bonus sets- they have done a few package sets.  I would really like some of them- like the Sea Dart and Pogo, but I can not justify spending over a $100+ on the main large aircraft, when I just want one of the bonus kits. 

-Dave

I have a few times bought an ANigrand kit for the bonus kit and then sold the main kit minus bonus on Evilbay. You don't get the full price back but at least you can get some money making the bonus kits you really want less expensive.

TomZ

You really are obsessed a super keen collector aren't you.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on October 11, 2016, 12:30:58 AM
You really are obsessed a super keen collector aren't you.

You start to sound a little bit like my wife. Have you been talking to her?

TomZ

zenrat

I didn't have a choice.  She cornered me in the hardware store.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I bought some Anigrand 1/144 kits for the main one and sold the bonus kits on EBay. Didn't really look at them which is why I didn't recognise them. On one occasion I got more for the bonus kits (sold individually) then the whole package cost me. Bidding went silly on a couple of them.  :o

Have you tried emailing Anigrand to see if you can get the bonus kits as a package ? I'm sure they have sold some sets of them on their own in the past ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 11, 2016, 07:11:49 AM
Have you tried emailing Anigrand to see if you can get the bonus kits as a package ? I'm sure they have sold some sets of them on their own in the past ?

I did and I have on one occasion  ;D

TomZ