(DONE..FINALLY, sheesh! LOL) F/U-2 H.A.W.K., Vietnam era warbird (Pics page 14)

Started by TheChronicOne, October 12, 2016, 01:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I don't think it would help... this one doesn't really have a cockpit... there's a little flat piece that is the control panel, there is a seat, and there is a pilot.  LOL   That's it!  The rest is just the hollow insides of the two fuselage halves.  That type of stuff wasn't a priority in 1962.  Not only is the cockpit detail lacking, but, if you look at the back of this thing there is nothing inside the exhaust hole.. no "engine" looking bits, nothing.. you can see all the way to the opening for the "cockpit." 

However, I live to serve!

Those pins in there are what the seat glues to. Only other thing that goes in there is the control panel and of course the pilot goes in his seat.  It's a big ol' bunch of nothing.

;D

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

How I remember those old kits! Outside was questionable at times and the insides were next to nothing. But then, they were inexpensive and we blew them up with firecrackers sooner or later!  :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kerick on November 20, 2016, 04:59:19 PM
How I remember those old kits! Outside was questionable at times and the insides were next to nothing. But then, they were inexpensive and we blew them up with firecrackers sooner or later!  :wacko:

Good times, my friend!!   ;D ;D  That's hilarious but... fun on the front end and fun on the back end, aye?   ;D  Can't go wrong.

In general, though, as to old kits; on one hand, the simplicity of them can be a benefit, on the other, having been building a much newer tool (Airfix Vampire T.11) I have to say even with the increased accuracy and extra bits kits these day go together so much better.  Still, I love these old kits and have more old stuff than newer stuff in my stash by far and they'll get some lovin' just like the young broads.   ;) ;)

-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

Ohh right, well thanks anyway Chronic  :thumbsup: I guess I'll just have to make it up and see if it fits  ;D
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

TheChronicOne

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 20, 2016, 11:23:40 PM
Ohh right, well thanks anyway Chronic  :thumbsup: I guess I'll just have to make it up and see if it fits  ;D

Right on.   However, if you need anything else, by all means! I'll snap all the photos you need. My suggestion would be to see if you can find a build page for that kit on the internet. Sometimes there aren't any and other times they are hard to find but "working alongside" someone else who had done the same exact kit can be a blessing if they take enough pictures and explain well. "Reviews" are often build pages more than reviews and I've found many of them containing fully documented builds. I just google search the kit I'm working on followed by "review." A couple of sites that have collected a bunch of this stuff are Aircraft Resource Center and Modeling Madness.  Those a great and have tons of stuff.

You may already have tried all this and already know all this, but I like to try to help. :D  I'm doing this right now as I work on my Vampire and it's a blast! It's like having a buddy to work with or something. :D

Barring that? Post some pics of your cockpit bits and pieces and put 'em in your thread and put question marks all over the place and I'm certain plenty of folks will show up to help you sort that out. LOL

-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

Thanks for the advice bud, but I've tried and failed to find any reviews or builds of my kit for some reason? What're you doing to your vampire??  ;D
Yet another good idea, thanks chronic  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Painting it black, purple, grey, and burgundy...... blacked out the cockpit so Vampires can fly them for the Imperial Tranysvanian Air Force. (got to block out that pesky sunlight!)  Decals are goofy... ranging from the stuff women (and some men, I'm sure!) put on their finger nails to decals printed in 1944. 

See here: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.180.html

The last couple or 3 pages have stuff on the vampire (Emporer Dracula's own, in fact!!!  ). I'm even going to make another plane for the Vatican City Defense Force so the Vampire can have a foe.

I stuff all my builds other than group builds in that blog page. I put funnies in there from time to time as well.  :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

Wow, that's really cool! One question, how does Dracula see out?  ;D and you should totally do a flying cross or something for the Vatican  :lol:

TheChronicOne

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 21, 2016, 10:23:03 AM
Wow, that's really cool! One question, how does Dracula see out?  ;D and you should totally do a flying cross or something for the Vatican  :lol:

A series of cameras hidden in the wings and such!  All tiny and wireless, to boot!  lol   

And yeah I think you hit the nail on the head with the flying crosses...    observe:

Check the ones with blue wings..   Glorious!

She's going to be sky blue on the bottom, bright white on top with gold striping and accents.   ;D    Nutty stuff going on. It's going to be another 1960s kit Fiat G.55 and if I get started soon enough I should be able to fit it in with the OKGB stuff.
-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

Fantastic stuff, that paint scheme sounds exactly how I would've done it  :thumbsup: did you see the hallloween special tanks on World of Tanks? Because then you could do land forces as well ;D

TheChronicOne

Those are so cool. I saw that game screen somewheres at some point and I really really like the one front and left. :D   I've had world of tanks downloaded on my 360 for a while now... I should probably try it out. 
-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

You should, it's awesome  :lol: I've only got WoT blitz on my phone though

Old Wombat

If you want a flying crucifix, I don't think you could go past the F-104;

AirWing Media

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Sure enough,OW, a literal flying crucifix right there! Those blue and white ones are beautiful! 

I had my mind stuck on decorations but yeah, there's the flying cross, Raff..  lol :D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

The Soviets called the A-10 the "iron cross".
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise