Admiral Byrd's Snow Cruiser

Started by Old Wombat, October 19, 2016, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Coincidentally* Captain Fat Hamster linked the Snow Cruiser with HMS Habakkuk.  It would be perfect for towing flying wings about the icy deck...

*"there are no coincidences" Robert Anton Wilson
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

Quite an interesting vehicle!  :o I never knew such a thing existed. It might not be that hard to build a model of that. A person could probably buy a model of the ALIENS Armored Personnel Carrier and then convert that into an antarctic snow cruiser.  :thumbsup: Quite a few similarities between the two.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 12:10:15 AM
Coincidentally* Captain Fat Hamster linked the Snow Cruiser with HMS Habakkuk.  It would be perfect for towing flying wings about the icy deck...

*"there are no coincidences" Robert Anton Wilson

Fascinating...   :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: seadude on October 21, 2016, 09:55:43 AM
Quite an interesting vehicle!  :o I never knew such a thing existed. It might not be that hard to build a model of that. A person could probably buy a model of the ALIENS Armored Personnel Carrier and then convert that into an antarctic snow cruiser.  :thumbsup: Quite a few similarities between the two.

Probably not a coincidence (there are no etc...) given the preponderance of Aliens knocking about down there.  The Thing, Molder & Scully's buried craft and the Predator's Alien hunting place to name but three...

Byrd was obviously aware of these and was preparing appropriately.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

Probably not a coincidence (there are no etc...) given the preponderance of Aliens knocking about down there.  The Thing, Molder & Scully's buried craft and the Predator's Alien hunting place to name but three...

Yeah, I've always thought most of the shortcomings mentioned for the Snow Cruiser could also be applied to the APC - great movie, cool looking vehicle (I have the kit and want to do it justice) but as an all-terrain vehicle? Not on your nelly. Even in a slightly bombed-out urban environment, you're stuck to the roads and detouring around any piles of rubble. :banghead:

And as Gibbs always says, "There's no such thing as coincidence", so maybe he's in on the secret/s too.  :rolleyes:

zenrat

I suspect that Gibbs is fully briefed in on the activities of the Illuminati and is constantly alert for fnords and the number 23...

Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 04:00:23 PM
I suspect that Gibbs is fully briefed in on the activities of the Illuminati and is constantly alert for fnords and the number 23...

"I have no idea what you are talking about"... but I wouldn't be at all surprised...  ;D

'Honey, there are some Men in Beige at.....'
*disturbing silence*

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 04:00:23 PM

It does close to exactly nothing for my mental equilibrium to report that the last thing I did before reading this was check that I was still subscribed* to a Youtube channel called Hagbard Celine....

*Youtube, which is owned by Google, have reportedly started randomly unsubscribing people fnord from 'controversial' channels, which, coinciding as it does with the run up to a US election, conspires to give a most unfortunate impression.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Joe C-P

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

Long before those H. P. Lovecraft reported on the tragic Miskatonic University Expedition to the Antarctic.
And the second Earth Stargate was found down there.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

pirx

Mil Mod announced a 1/72 model kit of the Snow Cruiser:

http://henk.fox3000.com/milmod/flyer03-2018.jpg

Below left corner.

Daniel  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: pirx on March 24, 2018, 12:04:24 PM

Mil Mod announced a 1/72 model kit of the Snow Cruiser:

http://henk.fox3000.com/milmod/flyer03-2018.jpg

Below left corner.

Daniel  ;)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /milmod/flyer03-2018.jpg on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at henk.fox3000.com Port 80

Which just fnord adds to the conspiracy IMO.
;D
Fred

pirx

Try this link:

http://henk.fox3000.com/milmod.htm

Klick on the left picture under Announced kits - ("Flyer" v03 February 2018) & "Themen v01" January 2018