Sunday 26th February 2017.

And another new venue.

Malbank 6th Form College
Welsh Row
Nantwich
CW5 5HD
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Hoping to get in there with PLASTIC HIPPIE. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

I could just possibly be around for this as I have to be up that way around those dates. Won't know for sure until next year
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Well that was good day out, even if was just OGL, myself and Chrisonord there. Pictures will follow...

The new venue (in Nantwich) is good: a big hall similar to the old one, and much less cramped than the railway museum where it was held last year. Food was plentiful, decent quality and very reasonably priced too. The parking and unloading arrangements are a bit funky, but that's a feature of the site that the club can't control, and I daresy that if they stay there, familiarity on the part of both marshalls and punters will make things better next time.

I didn't spend much money, partly through lack of money and partly because a dodgy back (pulled it badly enough to go to the docs two weeks ago) made me want to spend far more time than usual sitting down. It was fun spending Chris's money for him though.... :wacko: ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Gutted I missed it as I've been to the last 5 or more shows.....glad someone went to fly the flag.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Pictures will be coming - just fighting Photobucket atm... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Righty ho, pictures!

These are all the Whiffy and oddball ones. There are a load more here: http://s35.photobucket.com/user/hws5mp/library/Crewe%20Show%202017

- Indiana Jones

Army of One

H.....re the walker style tank...do you know if it is a kit or a scratch build....? Do you by any chance have any other pics of it please....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Quote from: Army of One on February 28, 2017, 01:28:22 AM
H.....re the walker style tank...do you know if it is a kit or a scratch build....? Do you by any chance have any other pics of it please....?

1. No I don't have any other pics - sorry.

2. I suspect it's a kit associated with the DUST miniatures wargame: a Medium Combat Walker M2-C

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Nice stuff there, cheers mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Quote from: Weaver on February 28, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

2. I suspect it's a kit associated with the DUST miniatures wargame: a Medium Combat Walker M2-C

H.....many thanks for the pics and thank you for the reply.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Glenn Gilbertson

Good pics - thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on February 28, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

I was going to say that they should have used an M41 as a basis for that build  :rolleyes: ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

The Eole is gorgeous and is just begging to be whiffed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2017, 01:20:22 AM
The Eole is gorgeous and is just begging to be whiffed.

Yeah, what if mainstream early aircraft development had mostly been monoplane flying wings? That'd be a different history...

- Indiana Jones