Well this obviously needs building...

Started by Weaver, October 26, 2016, 12:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Well Airfix have just released a P-40B in 1/48.

All you need now is the missile and the girlie in the same scale.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

You cannot tie a woman to a missile and fire it! It totally throws of the C of G.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TheChronicOne

Star Trek Orion Slave Girl model (by Brent Bristow).

One could be bought and modded....    Half the battle!   ;)

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2016, 12:56:56 PM
Well Airfix have just released a P-40B in 1/48.

All you need now is the missile and the girlie in the same scale.  ;D

Ah, yes, but do you model the P-40 as in Real Life or as in the cover art? :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

I like how "ol' boy" is flying by pumping his fist!   ;) ;)

Gotta have that at least.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Flyer on October 26, 2016, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 26, 2016, 06:59:13 PM
I like how "ol' boy" is flying by pumping his fist!   ;) ;)

Gotta have that at least.   ;D

And the bomb bay. :thumbsup:

Is that what that is?! Well, then, of course!   ;) ;D

I think I see it, could hold a 250 pounder.   :lol:

More "stubby" looking, too..   like radial engine spacing with inline looks.

;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

I just love the way these publications were marketed at full grown men until at least the mid 60's. My old dad used to pick similar types up from a stall in Brixton market whilst I would get a Superman or similar US Comic (not Batman, couldn't see the point). No idea what my mum thought about it all  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 27, 2016, 06:08:16 AM
I just love the way these publications were marketed at full grown men until at least the mid 60's. My old dad used to pick similar types up from a stall in Brixton market whilst I would get a Superman or similar US Comic (not Batman, couldn't see the point). No idea what my mum thought about it all  :rolleyes:

Are you on Twitter? If so, check out the source: there are WAY more eye-popping examples than this.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on October 27, 2016, 05:01:00 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 27, 2016, 06:08:16 AM

Are you on Twitter? If so, check out the source: there are WAY more eye-popping examples than this.

Nope I'm not on Twitter and currently don't intend to join, but I'm fully aware of what this whole genre could be  like  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 28, 2016, 12:33:59 AM
And written by John Prescott...

Flippin' Ada, didn't notice that. So that's what he's been up to  ;D