Breguet-Dorand G.V

Started by 63cpe, October 28, 2016, 05:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Hahaha, it was right there on the table!

Mmm, maybe I should have noticed you about the model. Didn't it attract your attention?!

The propellors are from a revell He-177 (from the spares box as they came from the Myasichev Projet M) and the tail is from an Academy Grumman Wildcat turned upside down (and the tail+fairing behind the cockpit removed). The left-over is an almost circular fuselage and just carved the propellor ring in the fuselage (razor saw cut in the front, milled in the rear). So the prop doesn't turn! (bugger..) but the rotor does!
Anyway the holes for the stubs of the prop blades where drilled out. At first I started out trying to make it a 5 bladed prop. But made a mistake in setting out the holes for the propblades and became six bladed. (bugger 2...)

But, I hope you enjoyed the show and it been nice meeting you in person! Have a save drive home. It's a long trip.

David

63cpe

Thanks everybody for the positive replies! Made me laugh couple of times, utterly enjoyed it!

I'll make pictures of it next week if the weather is OK. I think pictures of the model have to be made in the garden as this does more justice to it's sleek shape and bold lay-out.

David

loupgarou

Quote from: 63cpe on October 29, 2016, 01:13:36 PM
Hahaha, it was right there on the table!

Mmm, maybe I should have noticed you about the model. Didn't it attract your attention?!

The propellors are from a revell He-177 (from the spares box as they came from the Myasichev Projet M) and the tail is from an Academy Grumman Wildcat turned upside down (and the tail+fairing behind the cockpit removed). The left-over is an almost circular fuselage and just carved the propellor ring in the fuselage (razor saw cut in the front, milled in the rear). So the prop doesn't turn! (bugger..) but the rotor does!
Anyway the holes for the stubs of the prop blades where drilled out. At first I started out trying to make it a 5 bladed prop. But made a mistake in setting out the holes for the propblades and became six bladed. (bugger 2...)

But, I hope you enjoyed the show and it been nice meeting you in person! Have a save drive home. It's a long trip.

David

Thanks for your wishes  <_<. I am at the french base now. Tomorrow another long drive. :rolleyes:
And I didn't think the rear fuselage of the Wildcat was such a regular circular section. It's not easy to "see" the possibilities of a part before cutting up. You have a good "vision".  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

63cpe

strobez

That centre prop ring is crazy... in a completely awesome sort of way. I'm imagining if there were two of them... ;)
Thanks!

Greg

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Glenn Gilbertson

kerick

Made me think of a drop tank meets submarine meets chopper! Nice work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

That is so cool ! I'd love to see ( and hear ! ) that thing fly ! Love the natural metal finish and those markings.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

So you're certain this isn't some Unicraft or Mach2 kit? It is so well done I can't get over it. Bravo!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

63cpe

@Strobez: a double prop ring is a nice futher development. By that time it could have been turbo prop powered...well maybe, some day....

@ Kiwizac: No i'm sure it's not produced by Mach2 or Anigrand....:-) It's just a product of al lot of sanding.......In the album are some pictures of the built, but should have made more.

Thanks everybody for the great reactions and the nominatio for the whiffie award.

David