Huddersfield Model Show 2017

Started by Chris Payne, October 30, 2016, 03:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2016, 03:24:43 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 25, 2016, 03:21:59 AM
Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2016, 12:01:49 PM

Don't I get a say in this?!  I'll keep an eye on Chris and he can watch Allan. Meanwhile I know a girl who recently moved to Huddersfield....  ;)

Well now's your chance to introduce her to a sophisticated, suave South Londoner and a scouser  ;D

Dream on, she moved to Huddersfield from Croydon when she got married to a Scouser! I think she helps run a pub there, will have to find out.

Now that's a strange coincidence for sure  :o Definitely need to find out if the pub is accessible  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on December 25, 2016, 05:31:42 AM
With Nick looking after me,her hubcaps will be safe with me........Chris? not sure about 'im hes sort of the Terry Thomas of the suave end...........................thinks were a shawer and absolute shawer

Going by Mossie being unaware of the film/character Shane, you do realise 50% of the site has no idea who you are talking about ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2016, 05:12:43 AM
With Nick looking after me,her hubcaps will be safe with me........Chris? not sure about 'im hes sort of the Terry Thomas of the suave end...........................thinks were a shawer and absolute shawer

Going by Mossie being unaware of the film/character Shane, you do realise 50% of the site has no idea who you are talking about ?  ;D

My dear chap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaGcCj0WVgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNz8iQN4xfk

Nick

To my great surprise my holiday request has finally been approved! All I need do now is book the Cambridge Hotel in Hudds and prepare myself for a weekend of idiocy and plastic fondling  :lol:

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2016, 05:12:43 AM

Oh, I do, but only because of rainy weekends in the eighties catching old b&w Saturday matinees!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

I've got that weekend booked.  Just need to speak to the retarded moron who is the kitchen administrator to ensure it's been okayed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 06, 2017, 04:50:47 AM
I've got that weekend booked.  Just need to speak to the retarded moron who is the kitchen administrator to ensure it's been okayed.

Hope he doesn't read this board  :wacko: ;D

Just wondering if I will get to the hotel before the pub this year ? Last few it's been train, pub, hotel  :cheers:

NARSES2

Just sorted my train tickets out and it got hairy, obviously something happening on the East Coast line.

Virgin only have 4/5 trains to Leeds on the Saturday instead of 2 an hour, and you are required to change at Grantham ???  :-\

Virgin West Coast, the usual alternative are running fine to Manchester but charging an arm and a leg for the priviledge. None of the normal book early prices. So they are either raking it in because of the East Coast issue or one of the Manchester teams is playing a London one.  :banghead:

So gone back to work days and going East Midlands via Sheffield. Takes about an hour longer but is a heck of a lot cheaper - £40 or so for the one way trip.

Monday's return trip is back to normal so home via Leeds.

Anyway all booked now after an anxious few moments  :thumbsup:

Dork the kit slayer

I cant attend this year. Im gutted..literally. I spent all day in my local hospital awaiting a hernia op. After six hours with my arse hanging out they cancelled and re scheduled. I cant drive for three weeks so thats the end of me and Hudders. :banghead:

I was hoping to bring the Ventura along, :angry: wont be happening. :angry:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Martin H

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on January 22, 2017, 10:28:44 AM
I cant attend this year. Im gutted..literally. I spent all day in my local hospital awaiting a hernia op. After six hours with my arse hanging out they cancelled and re scheduled. I cant drive for three weeks so thats the end of me and Hudders. :banghead:

I was hoping to bring the Ventura along, :angry: wont be happening. :angry:
Not good Alan. But theres always next year mate.

Looking after yourself comes first.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Flippin Ada, that's not good mate. Still as Martin says you need to look after your health first, hope all goes well with the rescheduled OP.

The real problem though is, "who's going to be the sensible adult in the pub and curry house now ?"

Look after yourself mate

Chris

The Wooksta!

So, who *IS* going?

Me and Willie should be coming down.  Gary (aka The Brown Bottle*) is also coming down

*Alcoholic character from seminal adult comic Viz
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Well I'm all booked so all being well shall be there. Steve (Aircav) will be as well

Martin H

I'll be there this year. Every thing is already in place.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on January 24, 2017, 02:07:57 PM
I'll be there this year. Every thing is already in place.

Brilliant, well done and thanks Martin  :thumbsup:

But we don't yet have an answer for this critical question ?  :angel:

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 23, 2017, 07:05:38 AM
"who's going to be the sensible adult in the pub and curry house now ?"