London Model Show

Started by NARSES2, November 02, 2016, 07:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

London Model Show is on at the Islington Business Design Centre Sunday 4th December. Anyone going ?

I tend to pop along for a few hours and then pop into the pub  ;D Quite a good, small show, has some traders you don't see at other shows to often.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I have the day off for this one. See you there!

NARSES2

Great. What is becoming our now traditional pre-Christmas pint  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Let me know where and when and I'll really try to join you (if you'll have me ;D).

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on November 02, 2016, 01:08:25 PM
Let me know where and when and I'll really try to join you (if you'll have me ;D).

Will do. I'll drop you a PM nearer the date and we can sort the meet details out.

I tend to get there when it opens and we spend a couple of hours before adjourning down the road  :cheers:

Army of One

Ah bummer........N/D weekend.........would need to take two 12hr shifts off to go.......wouldn't be a popular move with SWMBO'd.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 11, 2016, 03:22:08 AM
tempted.  Hopefully yes.

Hope you can make it mate  :thumbsup:

It's an interesting show, You tend to get some traders you don't see elsewhere and a lot of the larger ones don't attend - could be parking (probably) might be politics (hope not) - but Special Hobby was there with a big stand last year and there was a good stand for  tools etc.

Worth a couple of hours and then a decent pint for Christmas in a rather trendy pub  :thumbsup: Can't believe the Angel is now "trendy" ! When I was a kid.....  :angel: :rolleyes:

Army of One

Oh.....maybe a yes now.....as my op recovery has taken a small downhill turn and now signed off until the 5th....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on November 11, 2016, 03:22:08 AM
tempted.  Hopefully yes.

Sadly now unable.  Maybe trundle over to the Model Engineer show at Ally Pally in January for a laff and a bit of inspiration.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Librarian

Somehow I forgot that the 4th is our wedding anniversary :rolleyes: and my wife went into one when I mentioned it this morning...she'd arranged some surprise 'event' that weekend so no go for me :banghead:. My lower back is still weak over distance so probably the best thing.

NARSES2

OK gents, maybe another year  :thumbsup:

Dave if you do go the Model Engineering show let me know and I might come with you. Haven't been for years

Army of One

Gonna have to say no unfortunately.......Max's rugby isn't at home (Crawley) we are away in Bognor....shame really......one to add to my diary though......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Well you know what George V allegedly said about Bognor, don't you ? ;D

I'll be there about 10:30 when it opens.

Nick as per usual give me a txt when you get there  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Met up with Nick yesterday and we had a couple of hours strolling around the show and then a couple in the pub  ;D

It's a nice little show. Plenty of room to stroll around and get a good look at things. Also it's not so busy that you can't have a decent chat with traders and club members.

Not many traders but amongst them a few that you don't see elsewhere. Two very good vendors of tools and it's a great show if you need to stock up on tools and materials. Has a couple of traders who seem to be very Sci Fi orientated and one who seemed to be solely comic and Anmie (is that the right word ?) focused. So the modellers who are not quite mainstream get a good look in. there was one trader who'd obviously taken over the kits not sold at Telford by the likes of AZ, KP, RS, Attack and a few other Central/Eastern Europeans (not Eduard or Special Hobby who weren't there this year). The couple of MB 5's he had went in 30 mins and I could have easily spent more there, but I was being a good boy.

So an enjoyable show and one to keep an eye on if you are London/South East based for the future.

Anyway one of the traders had these three kits on sale and it was all I could do to drag young Nick away  :angel:

Finally this was the road outside the venue this morning - burst water main !