F-5 ZOV Twin-Tigco and OV-105 Bronger

Started by Tophe, November 04, 2016, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Before the twin-boom F-5OV came to life (and to tremendous export success ;) ), the tailless XF-5V was rejected because not stable enough: :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

TheChronicOne

Billions to be made with the introduction of the ultra compact jet engine!!   ;D

This is coming together nicely.   :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Very nice, it makes me wonder how it would look as a racer...  ;) :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks!
Well, if I had known I would truncate that much the F-5 basis... I could have made it twin...

Tophe

Thanks to paint, the grey & dirty-white compound is becoming one...
Happy new year to everyone!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Thanks!
(Maybe I should explain the color I chose... Usually I paint all my models sky blue with enamel paint, cleaning brush with white spirit (I had a little pot of it remaining), but my 7 year old son did hurt the white spirit pot not saying it and all was gone in the air, smelling bad, before we knew it, so... no more white spirit, no immediate use of enamel paint, so I took a little pot of water based blue given by revell with their 1/144 F-16, and it is a rather dark blue, not US Navy black-blue of the 1940s but a little dark, yes. This is not a full decision of myself but the result of family "adventures"...)

Tophe

The tiny Tigco seems finished (according to my poor standards), just remains the Bronger to be done. For this one I will have a hard time with the thermoformed canopy, even if 2 copies are included, and maybe I will replace it with putty and black paint (requiring sky-blue background again, white spirit again...)

DogfighterZen

To me, that looks like blue marble stone, and i think it looks great! :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Yeah that's pretty cool right there! I totally dig it. I like the colors, too.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Thanks!
After the Tigco, the little Bronger is taking shape, not exactly as planned...

Tophe

The Tigco and now Bronger are now finished (my way) ;)
I am glad the thermoformed canopy handling was not a complete failure.