BAe Albatross MR.5

Started by RAFF-35, November 06, 2016, 09:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

So the general consensus is that there should be external weapons?
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

RAFF-35

Presenting the BAe Albatross MR.5b with revised weapon placement.....

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Looks good either way to me !  :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

RAFF-35

Haha, thanks guys  :thumbsup: just waiting on some tools to arrive before I can start work, also want to get my beaufloater finished this year too so I think that might take priority over this  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Who moulded the vacform U-2 in the first place? It looks a bit like Rareplanes from the style and positioning of the bits on the sheet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Correct  <_< it's almost like you know everything to do with any form of U2 out there  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 08, 2016, 09:20:35 AM

Correct  <_< it's almost like you know everything to do with any form of U2 out there  :thumbsup:

Nah, only the long winged ones.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

I'm not entirely sure how to transfer topics, but this idea is (hopefully) becoming reality quite quickly.
I'm finally getting stuck in to my vacform kit... all bits cut (and snapped) out, currently midway through the dreaded sanding.... two fingers of my right hand have remained in tact  :-\

TheChronicOne

Shouldn't be bad on the smaller pieces but sanding those long ones is going to be sketchy.  Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound now!!!   :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Looking forward to this one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Aeroclub used to sell a tricky set of bits and pieces to help sanding down the edges of vacform bits.

It was two lengths of aluminium T-bar, long one around 6-7" and a short one maybe 1.5" long, and some double-sided tape that you stuck on the flat side of the T-bar and then stuck the vacform bits to it. The angle helped keep the vacform bits in line stopped you sanding away the middle bit more than the end.

I've still got mine and still use it, but it's not sold any more, but should be simple to make yourself I guess. I have a vague idea it was called a 'T-Al' or something similar, anyone else remember it?

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Hit the link to see you and other talking about this... at... I guess what was the old site or some such?!?!  ARchives?

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=37342.10;wap2

I just glanced at the stuff being talked about but it might strike a chord?  Same subject and I saw mention of T-bars.
-Sprues McDuck-