Whiffs found on jigsaws

Started by PR19_Kit, November 14, 2016, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Mrs_PR19 is on a jigsaw kick just now. Come to think of it she's ALWAYS been on a jigsaw kick, but it's just a bit more enhanced at the moment.  ;D

Today she bought a 1000 piece jigsaw called 'Land Girls' featuring a rather nicely drawn Austin K2/Y Ambulance.

But what the devil are the aircraft overflying the scene???

Is that a Spiticane or a Hurrifire? And the squadron codes take some working out too!

I'm tempted to try and build one.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

The one at the rear seems to have a swept tail, too! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Well how bout that!!!

It's all pointy...
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Streamlining the Hurricane is a good idea. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Martin H

At least the Austin looks about right  :wacko:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on November 15, 2016, 09:10:20 AM

As do the Land Girls.  :rolleyes:

Ye Gods I am getting as bad as brother Narses2/Chris.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

I assume that the unidentifiable flying machines came out of the Super-Hawkermarine  skunk works  built before the war in a secret location under the Fairy Toot near Nempnett Thrubwell.  Other machines from this plant include Halifancaster  bomber, the Sundertalina flying boat and the Cometudor airliner;  all of these I have seen in 1950's book jacket illustrations.

Seriously (as if I wasn't always )  I may have some 500 and 1000 piece jigsaws in a box in the garage that hasn't been unpacked since we moved house over 2 years  ago.   Should you find a strange parcel on your doorstep one day, Kit, it's not the JMN's targeting you with a parcel bomb; it's family Rheged getting rid of unwanted jigsaws!......You gave me your street address some time ago in another matter.   I'm sometimes through Lydney so it is not a problem for us to drop them off. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 15, 2016, 12:07:38 PM

Seriously (as if I wasn't always )  I may have some 500 and 1000 piece jigsaws in a box in the garage that hasn't been unpacked since we moved house over 2 years  ago.   Should you find a strange parcel on your doorstep one day, Kit, it's not the JMN's targeting you with a parcel bomb; it's family Rheged getting rid of unwanted jigsaws!......You gave me your street address some time ago in another matter.   I'm sometimes through Lydney so it is not a problem for us to drop them off.

Mrs_PR19 would be over the moon if you did, I'm sure.  :thumbsup:

Quite where we'd put them in a house that's already bung full of plastic models, model railway stuff, zillions of magazines, millions of jigsaws etc. etc. I've no idea, but I could perhaps build a mezzanine floor over the stair well.....  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on November 15, 2016, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: Martin H on November 15, 2016, 09:10:20 AM

As do the Land Girls.  :rolleyes:

Ye Gods I am getting as bad as brother Narses2/Chris.

;D ;D Proves we're alive Jim  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

The one with the 'streamlined' tail is clearly a poor rendering of one of the handful of aesthetically cleaned-up De Havilland
built Hurricanes with the classic DH vertical surfaces. Only a handful were completed before the Ministries caught on
and ordered a stop to such unauthorized design revision.

;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 16, 2016, 01:43:25 PM

The one with the 'streamlined' tail is clearly a poor rendering of one of the handful of aesthetically cleaned-up De Havilland
built Hurricanes with the classic DH vertical surfaces. Only a handful were completed before the Ministries caught on
and ordered a stop to such unauthorized design revision.

Hm, that would get a few people going, wouldn't it?  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Nice painting on that jigsaw. The driver looks out of scale too  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 18, 2016, 03:53:17 PM

So he does!

I can't imagine that Amazon of a Land Girl would have the slightest interest in a tiny runt like him.  ;D

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 18, 2016, 07:51:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 18, 2016, 03:53:17 PM

So he does!

I can't imagine that Amazon of a Land Girl would have the slightest interest in a tiny runt like him.  ;D

The chap in the cab is on the wrong side to be the driver.  Where is the driver?  In the back with a Land Girl?

The Austin K2 ambulance has a post was number plate too.  Obviously part of a re-enactment or TV programme.