Whose done what to....

Started by Army of One, November 15, 2016, 01:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Rheged

There was an artist's impression of a Concorde launching a stand off missile in an RAF yearbook many years ago. 1968 I think it appeared.  It would be interesting to see it done.  There was even  a rumour (but maybe just an aeronautical myth) that the team working on the Concorde at Brooklands found evidence of underwing hard points
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Army of One

Underwing hard points....interesting....any idea as to carry what....? I know whiff world an do what we want but.....be interesting to know what it may have ever carried....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Old Wombat

Given the era of its development, at the height of the Cold War, I wouldn't be surprised if it'd been designed with a view to it being an emergency nuke bomber (like most Aeroflot aircraft of the period).

Assuming there were pre-located hard-point locations & provisions for pulling through cable-runs, with a week or two in the workshops to strip out unnecessary weight & fit a couple of fuel bladders to give it extra legs, you'd have a half-decent delivery system for a number of nuke weapons.

You'd just have to hope it didn't all go t!ts-up before you got them ready.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JayBee

I well remember an artists impression of a "Bombcorde" carrying three Blue Steels. One on the centre line and one under each wing.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Here's the pic with the three Blue Steels:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/media/images4/images/bombcorde-finflash-fix-fsx1.jpg

If you search for 'Bombcorde' you'll get a lot hits, several members have done one.

I personally fancy a VIP transport, Concorde in Queen's Flight/Royal Squadron colours.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Cheers......thanks for the help.....I'll have a looksee...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

KiwiZac

I've seen at least one model Bombcorde, not sure where though. It may have been one of Shasper's about a decade or so ago on the old version of this very site, I'll ask on Facebook.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

With that lot hanging underneath Mach 2.0 would be somewhat unlikely though.

And they'd have needed to fill the fuselage with fuel tanks to regain the range lost through the extra drag of the weapons.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

How about more engines, a belly full of cameras, PRU Blue and of course longer wings?

On a tangent, how about a militarised Tu 144?  It would obviously have a tail gunner.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

This is my Concorde B.1

I've got some information from Phil Butler (the author) about the real proposal and had decided to build one. He told me that there wouldn't have been the dropping nose nor any reverser buckets. I've change mine to suit. I also shortened the forward fuselage by 2" (it's the 1/72 Airfix kit)

While wanting to use the B-1B nozzles I found I had to do some major surgery to them, somehow Airfix (I think actually it was Heller) completely bolloxed the nacelles up.

Here's a pic of the underside, there's not enough room for three Blue Steels like in the picture above (got that in the actual magazine somewhere in the packing boxes), but I've figured out how to do it.

I also decided to steam-line the windshield

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

RAFF-35

Wow, what did you use for the new wind shield?  :wub:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Army of One

Oh I like that......question.....if an IFR probe was to be fitted.....would it be a retractable one or maybe one striking out above the cockpit....? I'm thinking the second option.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: Army of One on November 16, 2016, 12:16:03 AM
Oh I like that......question.....if an IFR probe was to be fitted.....would it be a retractable one or maybe one striking out above the cockpit....? I'm thinking the second option.....

I'm going with a retractable one  ---- it has to go fast    ;)

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 15, 2016, 11:27:30 PM
Wow, what did you use for the new wind shield?  :wub:

It's a modified B-1B windshield
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike