Whose done what to....

Started by Army of One, November 15, 2016, 01:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 17, 2016, 03:31:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 16, 2016, 09:01:30 AM

I'm not sure quite why a Bombcorde wouldn't need a droop snoot, the aerodynamics would have been exactly the same so a Bombcorde's alpha on landing would be just as steep as a civvie one. Would the RAF pilots have been issued with 6 ft tall periscopes so they could see the runway on approach?

As this was supposed to be a bomber variant, 95% of the cabin wouldn't have been used as a cabin, internal bomb bay(s), fuel tanks and other sundry equipment would have occupied the space, so if I did include a IFR probe in my build it would only to say "I've included one". Because I really don't think it would have needed one.

Just pointing out that both the Victor and the Vulcan had IFR probes, and both needed them in operational sorties  <_<
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Army of One

Woohoo......Base kit won on eBay......Revell 1/144 concorde for £6.50 plus £3 postage.......now...a few days to think about what to do to it......IFR probe will be above the cockpit......mmmm, air to surface ship killer or air to air.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Army of One on November 17, 2016, 03:25:35 PM
Woohoo......Base kit won on eBay......Revell 1/144 concorde for £6.50 plus £3 postage.......now...a few days to think about what to do to it......IFR probe will be above the cockpit......mmmm, air to surface ship killer or air to air.....?

Awesome!! Can't wait to see your build coming together. Whatever you settle on I'm sure it will be cool.   :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 17, 2016, 12:08:19 PM

I'm not sure quite why a Bombcorde wouldn't need a droop snoot, the aerodynamics would have been exactly the same so a Bombcorde's alpha on landing would be just as steep as a civvie one. Would the RAF pilots have been issued with 6 ft tall periscopes so they could see the runway on approach?

As this was supposed to be a bomber variant, 95% of the cabin wouldn't have been used as a cabin, internal bomb bay(s), fuel tanks and other sundry equipment would have occupied the space, so if I did include a IFR probe in my build it would only to say "I've included one". Because I really don't think it would have needed one.

Just pointing out that both the Victor and the Vulcan had IFR probes, and both needed them in operational sorties  <_<

They only went half the speed of the Concorde  ---- right  ;)  The civil Concorde could fly all the way to Rio De Janeiro from Heathrow supersonically on the fuel it carried, the military Concorde would have had twice the fuel, So how many in-flight refuelings did a Vulcan need to get down there
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

KiwiZac

I just love the initial concept art. Very evocative.

Shasper confirms he did one and is tracking down photos to share.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

RAFF-35

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 17, 2016, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 17, 2016, 12:08:19 PM

They only went half the speed of the Concorde  ---- right  ;)  The civil Concorde could fly all the way to Rio De Janeiro from Heathrow supersonically on the fuel it carried, the military Concorde would have had twice the fuel, So how many in-flight refuelings did a Vulcan need to get down there

Ahhhh touché  :thumbsup: but would the added weight and drag alter that figure at all?? And I've also seen a missile truck type bombcorde before somewhere, so a ship hunter would be entirely new (to my knowledge)  :lol:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Army of One

That's the thing with stash movements and a messy loft. I have a cardboard box full of 1/144 kits....a reasonable sized box. I was going to rob kits for ordinance in preparation for their hosts arrival. But, can I find said box amongst all the other reasonably sized plain boxes in said messy loft......   :banghead:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Kit has arrived.....gotta say n I don't know why but, it's bigger than I thought....also, with the stash move around the 1/144 box was located. Unfortunately the three kits of one type that I thought had what I wanted.....don't. I have one kit. Same plane but different marks....plenty of guided bombs but bugger all Harpoon.  Maybe a 'Wild Weasel' with some ordinance to finish the job....?  Still got loadsa AAM so stand off interceptor still on...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

63cpe

Interesting idea's here...found myself a relatively cheap 1/100 veb plasticart Tu-144 Charger. Will work for 1/72....Also got two B-1 enginepods in the partsbin......now what to do with it?! long range interceptor, mach bomber, surface attacker or intelligence& survaillance?

David

Army of One

Depends what ordinance you have....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: Army of One on November 25, 2016, 01:01:38 AM
Kit has arrived.....gotta say n I don't know why but, it's bigger than I thought

Pic on my 'shortened' Concorde with the XB-70

NARSES2

Interesting photo mate. I would never have thought they were similar in length
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Great thread love the Bombcorde idea
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2016, 05:11:59 AM
Interesting photo mate. I would never have thought they were similar in length

Concorde was longer, I had chopped 2 inches out of the forward fuselage on my project, both models here are in 1/72 scale