12 hour build

Started by Gary, November 16, 2004, 08:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Well it's done and at ten o'clock. (wrong night for Lost) So that makes it a Mig 15 in 10 1/2 hours. (not including supper and such)

Getting back into modeling

Gary

In the 50's Ethiopia got Sabers for their airforce. They are presently replacing their Mig 29's with Su-27's. But how did they get their taste for Russian jets. Well, it seems (what if) that there were several small wars iroung that particular part of Africa. As Ethiopia was sided with the west, naturally the Eastern Block wanted some blood. The head of Ethiopia's Air Force had a plan. He'd prove his airforce was the best by challanging anyone "foolish" enough to fly against one of their pilots.

Gary

If the opposing pilot won, the Air Force Commander would give the pilot 100,000 US dollars. Two days later a Mig 15 appeared in the skys over the main airbase. Within minutes a Saber was up and the dogfight ensued. It was a doozey and to the civilians below, they had no idea who was who. It was simply two small silver jets gripped in a battle. But one slip up and the Mig pilot became victorious. The Mig pilot landed to receive his prize and the airforce commander handed him the briefcase with the money, then promptly blew the man's brains out. The press was told that the Saber pilot won. The Mig was hidden for some years but brought out later in the mid 60's to help train the pilots who were now flying F-5's. However the Mig turned out to be quite good and before long the airforce began purchasing Russian aircraft.

Gary

Leigh

arrrgh I like it and only ten hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've spent weeks on mine and still nowhere close. All I managed to do since sunday morning was get wing pylons on after spending forever figuring positioning so everything would fit and get the first of eight coats of paint on.
I'm definately in the company of my superiors point me to the junior modelling section please.
Great job Gary .

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

nev

Great job Gary!  :party:

My only question is - how much fun was that?  A trip back to the good old days when models took less than an hour  :party:

I've had an idea for a "1 week group build" for quite a while now.  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

QuoteI've had an idea for a "1 week group build" for quite a while now.
I was thinking of something similar too, Nev  :huh:

great model BTW  :D  

Scooterman

10 1/2 hours!   :party:  :party:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :party:  :party:

Excellent knock out Gary!  Hat's off to you!

Joe C-P

IMWFO... has thrown down the gantlet. We are now challenged to match or better his feat!  B)

I did manage a ship model in a weekend - a 1/1200 USS New Jersey, converted into a NJ State Police ship, but this has me beat by a day and a half!   :o

Lessee, I have the model and the planned subject. I'll need some detail parts and decals first, proper weather (coming soon), and the wife and cats out of the way.  :dum:

Great build, Gary!  :cheers:  :party:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Leigh

A group build in a week? Dayum takes me that long to mask a canopy off

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Captain Canada

Aw, anybody could build a model in a week.........just glue a two popsicle sticks together !

;)

And a kit in a week sounds good...mind you, I still have 2 to do, my F-teeny-boppers !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?