Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Another shelf of doom project that sat around gathering dust for no less than 6 months. I finally decided to stop being lazy and get it done. Another one that fought me the whole way but by time I was all done, it wound up being quite nice, really!

AMT..  1/2500 part of a three piece set. All hairy stick and acrylics.

Itty bitty!

Build here...uhhhh.....   pages 45, 49, 50, 25, 26, 37, etc: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.0.html
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I THINK this gets me caught up. I feel like I'm forgetting one though.  ;D

Anyway... this was for the 1 week Group Build. Its the old Airfix 109-G6 (Tropical) out of the blister pack. All hairy stick, no masking, etc etc etc.

I was tempted to leave it white!!!!  But I had to press on. 

This was fun build right here!  :laugh:  I enjoyed every phase of this one (well, the transfers went a little badly when some started falling apart). Great fun building these single engine WWII era prop planes.. the old kits... when they go together well they are a delight to build.

This one, like the Tucano, has wound up being one of my favorite builds.  :wub: :thumbsup:

Build here: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43756.0.html

That's it for now! Should be another to add within a week or so. (sci fi this time, not a plane! )
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Some nice stuff there, but the Tucano is my personal pick of the bunch  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!! I'm "hooked" on trainers and test livery planes. Gimme them reds whites oranges and blacks, etc.   ;D :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Time to update this again! This is kind of like when I finally sit down and read my mail for the week, or, finally fill out paper work that is 2 weeks past due. ;D I always seem to remember that I need to get it done, in the morning, then by later in the day it's the furthest thing from my mind.  :rolleyes: ;D

I thought I was only missing two, but it appears I'm THREE builds behind so.. let's see here...

:::::minutes pass by while I dig up the "stuff":::::::

:o ;D   I forgot I was doing this!!  It's been like half an hour!!  ;D ;D

OK OK ... anyway.... let's see here...

Ferengi Marauder done up in UFP livery, details here: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44082.0.html

It was/is my sole entry for the SFGB.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Right... in my opinon, this one is really neat. I set out to build it all in the same day but things conspired against me and it took two....that said, combined HOURS was about 10.

"Blitz Build P-51B of the Republic of Ustio"

No story... use your imagination. It's just an old plane with Ace Combat markings for the nation of Ustio.

Build here, pics are on page 61 with prior pages containing the process: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.900.html
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This next one was a hoot... Fred (Zenrat) donated a kit so we all could see what a Chronic version Cuban Sea Fury would look like. . .  trying out some new paint and although I haven't worked out the kinks, I decided to skip ahead and build this ANYWAY because I just couldn't wait. Cuban stuff is one of my favs..  there will be plenty more to come including an RAH 66 Comanche.

Build here, pics page 67, but the build process was strung out over probably the prior dozen or so pages: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.990.html
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

All top builds, Brad, but the Cuban (Sea) Fury takes the cake! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

The Cuban Sea Fury looks very shiny and nice.  Nice decals on there as well.  ;)  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Thanks, gents!!!  Not sure if I can pick a favorite this time around but I'm leaning on the P-51B just because it didn't eat up weeks of time.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D  ;) About them decals.. man I was impressed. That flag there sunk down onto the wing and around the panel line beautifully.  I have GOT to get a cord for my printer...
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Man, that Sea Fury looks dang good!! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Thanks, Sirs! 

And boy, I'm glad this thread proved to do what it was designed for; make sure no one misses anything. With as much blabbing as I do it's easy for things to get "lost in the mix" over in the blog.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Sure does, and you've got quite a show going on! :thumbsup:
Been thinking of doing the same on this forum like i have on BTS, in which i don't participate much... probably should as some of my older build threads lost their pics cause i deleted the Photobucket account and it's better to have the finished build pics in one thread, no doubt.
Even makes it easier for one to see how his work evolves or changes with time.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..