Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

The NMF Mitsu does really stand out, but the Vanquish in all its weirdness is still the winner of this lot. The various flying surfaces clash with each other so violently with each other that the end result seems strangely harmonious. Plus the wing planforms on the V-bombers were not that conventional either, so it fits right in.

zenrat

I at first thought the snowman was a mushroom cloud.

Good work on them all Brad C.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!   Yeah it's an interceptor designed to chase down the very type of thing the actual V-bombers were.

Hadn't thought about the fact that the V-bombers had strange wings and this does too... but yeah now I can tell everyone I planned it that way! Happy coincidence.

Snowman mushroom cloud.. HMM...  I seem to recall some experiments or something where they dropped practice parachute nukes out the back of a Galaxy a few times?  Could be dreaming or mixing it up with some other plane/experiment. It's still too early in the day and I'm doing good just to type right now.  ;D ;D

Thanks, one and all, and I hopefully will have more stuff here soon!  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 25, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

Hadn't thought about the fact that the V-bombers had strange wings and this does too...

They are not strange, they are British and therefore idiosyncratic  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

Hadn't thought about the fact that the V-bombers had strange wings and this does too...

Or, possibly, eccentric.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Works for me.

Now I want to build a Victor.. . .  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2017, 04:01:19 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

Or, possibly, eccentric.

And perfect for the job intended too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Your Vanquish is very good, is there a link to see more about it? (building maybe)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Rick Lowe

Snowman mushroom cloud.. HMM...  I seem to recall some experiments or something where they dropped practice parachute nukes out the back of a Galaxy a few times?  Could be dreaming or mixing it up with some other plane/experiment.

You're not thinking of the Punisher comic are you? The one where he used a French Nuke on a Carribbean island full of a PMC/Merc group run by a disgraced former US Army Colonel?
(oops - showing I know and remember waaay too much about Mr Castle's antics...)

Cheers

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Tophe on December 26, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
Your Vanquish is very good, is there a link to see more about it? (building maybe)

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.1095.html

Started talking about it and mocking things up on page 74 and really got started building on page 77.

Thanks!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 26, 2017, 08:06:52 PM
Snowman mushroom cloud.. HMM...  I seem to recall some experiments or something where they dropped practice parachute nukes out the back of a Galaxy a few times?  Could be dreaming or mixing it up with some other plane/experiment.

You're not thinking of the Punisher comic are you? The one where he used a French Nuke on a Carribbean island full of a PMC/Merc group run by a disgraced former US Army Colonel?
(oops - showing I know and remember waaay too much about Mr Castle's antics...)

Cheers
That wasn't it...   but that sounds familiar.... ever seen the awesome action movie True Lies?   ;D

I'm curious now...  I'll have to look into it further. I seem to even remember pictures of the whole thing. Like... it was a nuke or practice nuke rather.. that was the size of a small house or some such and rolled out the back on pallets or something. I still could have been dreaming it all up but I SWEAR I seen this this somewhere!

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Here's one hot off the press for the Floatplane GB:

I took a picture or two of the underside before I put the tiny propellers on so I wouldn't break them but the rest are complete build pics.

ROAST FLIGHT!   ;D ;D ;D   (I know it doesn't say that but at a glimpse it LOOKS like it so I've been calling this thing "Roast Flight " ever since. ;D   )

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44566.0.html
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Many thanks!!! I just need to make another with massive twin booms, aye?  :wacko: ;D

Actually, that would look GLORIOUS.  :unsure: ;D   (Would need a really long fuselage or something though....  :unsure:   )
-Sprues McDuck-