Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

That looks brilliant Brad, and wouldn't be surprised if it gets used on a real f-16.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: chrisonord on January 17, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
That looks brilliant Brad, and wouldn't be surprised if it gets used on a real f-16.
Chris

Thanks, bud!!!!  As a matter of fact, something very similar has; for the 90th anniversary of a Texas ANG group. It's really cool looking and the story behind it all is neat, too. They used elements from all eras of flight for their squadron or whatever it's called but the main paint work was much like this.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks Brad.  I have a Petty Dodge to build and matching the blue is hard.  It opens up similar can of worms as trying to match some of the german ww2 paints does.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2018, 12:55:06 AM

Fabulous. What blue is that?  It looks like Petty Blue.

It can't be, the fin number would be 43, not 89.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Snowtrooper on January 17, 2018, 03:33:16 PM
Absolutely beautiful, and those craft paints are a perfect match :wub:
Thanks!!!   I love my little craft paints. I'm currently looking into higher quality stuff because I think I finally have these figured out as far as how to make them lay down smooth and to get good coverage but even after I start using stuff like Model Masters I'll be coming back to these anyway.

Quote from: zenrat on January 18, 2018, 12:47:37 AM
Thanks Brad.  I have a Petty Dodge to build and matching the blue is hard.  It opens up similar can of worms as trying to match some of the german ww2 paints does.
Roger that. I think this here wold work grand on a Petty build and if I were doing one this is the one I'd choose.

Now I want to make a Petty Plane.  :rolleyes:  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

;D

Now I wish I would have rummaged through my spare decal sheets and dug up a couple 43s. I would never say anything about it when showing the build and just see if and how many picked up on the "Easter Egg."  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 18, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

;D

Now I wish I would have rummaged through my spare decal sheets and dug up a couple 43s. I would never say anything about it when showing the build and just see if and how many picked up on the "Easter Egg."  :mellow:

Way to go!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Outside pictures of the one I finished 2 days ago and finally got some of the Mustang I finished... uhh.. like a month ago.

-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

The Mustang looks cool :mellow: What's the backstory (if any)?

TheChronicOne

Well, if anything, it fits into my (not all the way thought out) story that I keep in the back of my mind that instead of the cold war, etc. that after the U.S. dropped atom bombs the planet was shocked and all came together and made a universal ban on new military hardware. Nations could keep and manufacture existing stuff but nothing new. So.... 70 years later instead of Raptors and F-16s we have brand new Mustangs rolling out of factories. Paint schemes and such advanced somewhat the same, however. Hence... this thing!  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

All done!!!

1/72 scale SZD 16 "Gil" Polish glider as a "Racing Glider."  :laugh: All hairy stick. Transfers from 5-6 different kits.... stash stuff... and the original kit registration numbers.

Neat stuff.... I will definitely be trying to secure and build more of these little gliders.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Very striking, and waaaaaaay out of line with today's gliders, where 'whiter-than-white' is seemingly the only colour you can get.   ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Yeah, there'll be none of that at the Chronic Factory so long as I have plenty of masking tape.  ;D  I love all the colors... 

I suppose more colorful, more "involved" paint jobs are more costly? I understand trying to keep heat at bay going with all white, too, but if I had any type of civil aviation contraption I'd like to to be fancy pants with the paint job if I could!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Squizzette

"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

zenrat

I like that an engineless aircraft is sponsored by oil companies amongst others.
Good job Brad C.

Could the reason for all white gliders be weight?  If whatever the outer skin is made of is white then painting it will add weight.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..