Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Two in one day. This time, I actually did finish this one TO-DAY.  ;D  By time I took pictures, the sun was below the roof line of my house so the pics could be better but I think they're just fine!

My first airliner and I want to make a buuuuunch more. I think they're neat.

More here, page 118 and prior: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.1755.html
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 15, 2018, 06:21:55 PM
Will you build them as classics or in an inventing way? (Fokker-614-like jets, asymmetric, V-tail, ...) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Tophe on April 15, 2018, 07:20:55 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 15, 2018, 06:21:55 PM
Will you build them as classics or in an inventing way? (Fokker-614-like jets, asymmetric, V-tail, ...) ;)

All of the above, 'Tophe.    I already have plans for kit-bash scale-o-rama airliners, airliners with custom liveries created by me, and odd-ball airliners with strange components. I'm just getting started, bud....    ;) :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

PR19_Kit

That 737 is VERY shiny!  :o

And looks pretty darn good, nice one Brad.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!!!! That sucker nearly ate me alive!!   ;D ;D ;D

It was awesome, though.   I can't help it... I'm going to start on my BAC 111 immediately. It's going to be shiny big time like this but white and green!

That shine... That's not a bad finish for the amount of time I put into it. I made a conscious effort to make it nice; used a good brush and properly thinned paint and blah blah blah but I wasn't trying to get a show quality finish by any means but still wound up with something that I think looks great! I can definitely live with this. Better than I was expecting for sure.  :o    It makes me eager to see what other type of glorious airliner finish I can make and what other colors look like with it.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

You've done a good job with both of those, that PM kit in particular  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Beautiful job!  Brings back many old memories!  I love the E190, but kinda miss the old Seven-Three! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

The little Fokker? ... I can take it or leave it.

Civil jets? ... Don't really interest me.

Really good modelling & painting? ... Always a winner!

Good job, mate! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 17, 2018, 12:26:57 AM
The little Fokker? ... I can take it or leave it.

Civil jets? ... Don't really interest me.

Really good modelling & painting? ... Always a winner!

Good job, mate! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wilco, Wombat!!!      ;D ;D :mellow:

Quote from: zenrat on April 17, 2018, 02:26:07 AM
Good work Brad C.

:thumbsup:

Thanks! 

On to the next! Should have a Raptor done in a week or less perhaps, depending on motivation level.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

All done!!

Revell 1/72 F-22 Raptor painted with Anita's acrylic craft paints with the trusty hairy stick(s). Somali Air Force.

Big shout out to PantherG for whipping up the profile for this so I'd have something to work from. The paint scheme was initially on an F-16 and I told him I'd like to slap it on an F-22. Less than 24 hours later he had a profile made up.  ;D :mellow: :mellow:

Said Profile with my attempt:

[/img]

More here, including 5-6 pics I didn't include here because they are junky  :-X ;D   :   http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42778.msg808912.html#msg808912
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

You can say it is Somali Air Force now or else: USAAF of 1942 with a time machine... ;D

TheChronicOne

As goofy as it is I should call it "Planet Neptune Civil Aerobatics Team" Raptor.  ;D ;D  Why not, right?  :mellow: :mellow:

Glad you stopped by, Tophe.  :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-