Chronic's Completed Builds

Started by TheChronicOne, November 24, 2016, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 01, 2018, 04:22:52 PM
Definitely the Hawk 22.  It's closer to an early production 22 before they switched to the Spiteful tail surfaces.  Even so, the fuselage has an odd cross section.

Thanks!!  Good to know the lineage of this old bird. I'm not versed enough yet to know the ins and outs of what is and isn't accurate, or not, but this little guy had always been one of my favorites. One reason why it never got busted! It's pretty much always been on display on a shelf or counter top for the last couple of decades.

I kinda like my new one, too, though, because it's a little more refined.  ;D

I think next I'll aim to score a PR version. I want to go with the blue one with all the invasion stripes stuff on it. I think I saw an Eduard kit of it?? I'd like to try them anyway to see what the hub-bub is all about.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

A D-Day period PR Spitfire would more likely be a PR XI I imagine. There's a couple of PR XI kits about, IIRC Special Hobby did quite a good one, I've got one knocking about somewhere.

But The Wooksta will know all possible variants, right off the top of his head of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2018, 10:49:48 PM
A D-Day period PR Spitfire would more likely be a PR XI I imagine. There's a couple of PR XI kits about, IIRC Special Hobby did quite a good one, I've got one knocking about somewhere.

Yup, built it and it goes it together well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Very good, thank you! I'll keep my eyes peeled. Meanwhile, I ought to just make a whif plane into one. Use like a... uhh... hell, who cares, a Yak 3 or something and paint it PR blue and put invasion stripes on it just to stratch and itch.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

The Special Hobby one isn't easy to find and I'm of the opinion that it uses a warmed over Hasegawa mk VIII as a master - there's quite a few similarities in the mouldings and the Hasegawa kit is an abomination anyway.

Ventura did a limited run one that isn't easy to find and it's a challenging build.  Best bet if you want a PRXI is to get an Airfix XIX and the Freightdog mk XI conversion.

Or, a PRXIX with Invasion stripes, although this is a modern warbird...

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

It's gorgeous, that could work.  :mellow:  I'm in no hurry, I'll search the stuff out over time and patience will be my virtue.  :wacko:   Or hell, I could do something crazy like get another Mk I and make a PR Mk. I.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 03, 2018, 12:54:29 AM

Or hell, I could do something crazy like get another Mk I and make a PR Mk. I.  :wacko:

There were PR1s, of quite a few different versions. Some in a short list of one even!

But most of them looked pretty much like a standard Mk 1 with a few small added bits.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2018, 01:44:28 AM

There were PR1s, of quite a few different versions. Some in a short list of one even!

But most of them looked pretty much like a standard Mk 1 with a few small added bits.

Yup I have a resin kit of a PR 1 G ? by Legato
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Build: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45430.0.html

All done!!!  Turned out pretty nice I think.

Now for a couple "class" pictures with a couple other recent builds, notably the Flying Ram which was painted the same up top, and a Spitfire Mk. I 'early.'

Lil Spit's camo works well when fighting over ceramic.... . . .

NOW, for some fun!!!  Parasite fighter?

BIGAZZ canards??? ?? 

;D ;D

Tailplanes?!?!?!?!?? 

;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Rick Lowe

Hustler turned out really nicely, Brad - keep up the good work! 2X :thumbsup:

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

Thanks folks!!   

Tophe, I had you in mind after I saw the canards picture.... if you take and slice off all the junk in the back and just focus on the little bits and pieces up front, we have the starts of a "British Shinden" type twin boomer thing:

:wacko:

;D ;D ;D ;D

A fast "mockup" but you can even just take your hand, and place it over your screen and kind of "play" with it.
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Wonderful! Thanks for this gift engineer!
:wub: :thumbsup: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]