Another incarnation of my SuperLanc

Started by Captain Canada, November 16, 2004, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

Here's another one of my 'driver's log book' Superlancs, that I drew last week out in Alberta while working......

It's got the shaved down fuselage, contra-props driven by Turbines, what are those round ones, the Eland ? And I was thinking, it would be cool if the tip tanks could house deployable props for the quick get away !

Someday I'll build it........

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Tophe

Your drawing :wub:  makes me dream: I imagine a Mistel Lancaster up / submarine low :blink: ... or at least: a Lanc carrying a submarine to drop in enemy waters further than the submarine barriers closing a 'safe' area for battleships ^_^ ...
Or more crazy :wacko: : taking off from a submarine...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

QuoteYour drawing :wub:  makes me dream: I imagine a Mistel Lancaster up / submarine low :blink: ... or at least: a Lanc carrying a submarine to drop in enemy waters further than the submarine barriers closing a 'safe' area for battleships ^_^ ...
Or more crazy :wacko: : taking off from a submarine...
Daimler-Benz "Projekt B" delivering a midget sub close to its target?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

There was a proposal to airdrop midget subs to attack the Tirpitz when she was in the Norweigan fjords - it was cancelled as being impractical - would you wanna be in the sub when it drops into the water at over 100mph?  :unsure:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

QuoteThere was a proposal to airdrop midget subs to attack the Tirpitz when she was in the Norweigan fjords - it was cancelled as being impractical - would you wanna be in the sub when it drops into the water at over 100mph?  :unsure:
Ellands were the Napier jobbies Capn, and they were round
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ollie

Just had an idea Toad, and a brilliant one to boot!

Instead of using those fancy wing tip pods, you should hook SHARS!!!!

Mouhahahahahaha!

;)  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :)  :rolleyes:  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ar:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Tophe

QuoteInstead of using those fancy wing tip pods, you should hook SHARS!!!!
Is Shars the name of a bomb or missile, or a mistyping for Sharks? Wingtip-shark-mouths, frightening... :(  :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Ollie

Tophe,  SHAR = Sea HARrier.  So, we have SHAR.

;)  B)  

Captain Canada

QuoteJust had an idea Toad, and a brilliant one to boot!

Instead of using those fancy wing tip pods, you should hook SHARS!!!!

Mouhahahahahaha!

;)  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :)  :rolleyes:  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ar:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Holy feck....that is a good idea, Ollie !

Hook 'em up, lug them aroung for a few hundred miles...refeul them, and let 'em go again !

Hmmmm.....might go along nicely with my sub launched SHARs !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie