Jean Bart Battleship-Carrier Hybrid

Started by proditor, December 01, 2016, 02:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

I started this years ago. Like 5 Years ago. You can see the construction over here: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,25902.msg481534.html#msg481534

It sat as it was in that last picture, for the last 5 years.

Until I had to wait for parts for my Old Kit GB...

And this happened.

Base coat on, weathering and such to follow. REALLY glad I dug this one back out, I think it looks awesome.

And wait until you see the airwing! It's a Whiff on a Whiff!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Looks great ! Love this kind of thing, really gets the imagination going. Can't wait to see the air wing !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

That's one of the best looking Hybrid battleship/carriers I've ever seen. Really suits the hull shape  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That's a smart looking ship, but then the French always have had a certain style about such things, even warlike things  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

proditor

Okay, in rough order:

Thanks! (Though this also applies to the last three comments as well)

Yes, it's from the 1/720 Intrepid by Revell that's like a million years old.

I love that book so hard.

Not Rotodynes, but very short take-off, though they don't need no steenkin' rotors. ;)

And yeah, I love the lines of the Modern French Battlecruisers and Battleships. I am really, really hoping that the new upcoming 1/350 Strasborg gets re-popped down to 1/700.

Joe C-P

STOL was rather a necessity for the hybrid battleship-carriers. That, or catapults.

She looks good.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Dork the kit slayer

Thats looking really good,cant wait until the air wing comes aboard.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

proditor

Now now,have a little faith. I might do a rotodyne as a COD, but for fighter support???? Nope, got something else in mind for that.   ;)

Plus, the rotodyne is going to be a cast iron #$%^& to make in 1/700 scale. I have a few thoughts on making something similar, I mean, I did turn a B-17 into an autogyro, so this shouldn't be too different, right?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: proditor on January 24, 2017, 02:05:35 PM

Plus, the rotodyne is going to be a cast iron #$%^& to make in 1/700 scale. I have a few thoughts on making something similar, I mean, did turn a B-17 into an autogyro, so this shouldn't be too different, right?

It's got a square section, straight fuselage with the nose and tail rounded off, and the wings are planks. OK, the rotor might be a bit of a pain but the 'dyne is a pretty straightforward shape really.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.