The Soviet GB Discussion Thread

Started by NARSES2, December 20, 2016, 06:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I'm doing a Soviet AH-64 Apache.  I have one I bought that didn't even have waterslides (factory sealed, it simply didn't have any and had lame stickers instead). Wrap around camo in winter colors. Brown base with white camo stripes over the top. Just those two colors.    :lol:

-Sprues McDuck-

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

chrisonord

I fancy a dabble at this GB, so I am going to dig out my TU-90 kit, and do this as a Cartel heavy counter insurgency aircraft. It is Russian/Soviet era, and will be adorned with Russian made ordnance.
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

I'm thinking about a Tu4 which defected to the US, was re-engined with R 3350s and was put into service with the USAF.
All in the letter (but possibly not the spirit) of the rules as I interpret them  :wacko:

Or, something involving a MiG 37 or maybe a Pe 8 or maybe...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

wacek85

Ka-50 in Ukraine markings is too modern or qualifies into Soviet GB?

Weaver

Quote from: wacek85 on January 09, 2017, 06:39:23 AM
Ka-50 in Ukraine markings is too modern or qualifies into Soviet GB?

It qualifies because the design was started in the Soviet era. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Now I had a good look at my various reference books (mainly Ospreys Encyclopedia of Russian aircraft) and I think this is a wif, but does anyone know different ?

Was the Petlyakov Pe-2 used as a torpedo bomber ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 10, 2017, 07:04:50 AM...Was the Petlyakov Pe-2 used as a torpedo bomber ?

Can't find any evidence that it was.  The similar looking Tu-2 carried torpedoes.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Librarian

Going to go with this one...Soviet aircraft operating with the Japanese in my Pacific '46 theme (crossover). Is this OK?

Links in with 1941 Japanese–Soviet Non-aggression Pact with additional exchange of equipment.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 11, 2017, 01:45:41 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 10, 2017, 07:04:50 AM...Was the Petlyakov Pe-2 used as a torpedo bomber ?

Can't find any evidence that it was.  The similar looking Tu-2 carried torpedoes.

Yup I spotted that and it caused some confusion at first
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Looking through the "RUSSIA, THE USSR AND THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION' chapter of
Malmassari's Armoured Trains: An Illustrated Encyclopedia 1825 -2016*, NIP 2016,
while eyeing an old Bachmann N-Gauge set and rubbing my chin.

Hmmm ...

;D

* An expanded, corrected, updated and translated version of a work originally published by Malmassari
in French in 1989. Current version also published in the UK in 2016 by Seaforth Publishing, an imprint
of Pen & Sword Books Ltd. www.seaforthpublishing.com (£40, £30 for the Kindle/ebook version)

loupgarou

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 11, 2017, 07:58:21 PM
Looking through the "RUSSIA, THE USSR AND THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION' chapter of
Malmassari's Armoured Trains: An Illustrated Encyclopedia 1825 -2016*, NIP 2016,
while eyeing an old Bachmann N-Gauge set and rubbing my chin.

Hmmm ...

;D

* An expanded, corrected, updated and translated version of a work originally published by Malmassari
in French in 1989. Current version also published in the UK in 2016 by Seaforth Publishing, an imprint
of Pen & Sword Books Ltd. www.seaforthpublishing.com (£40, £30 for the Kindle/ebook version)

For whoever may be interested in the book, I'd like to point out that's a nearly completely different book from the erlier "version". The older one had many scale drawings now missing, while photo coverage is now much larger. For me, as military trains are a special interest, both issues are necessary.
This is an opinion based on first looks, haven't yet read the new book.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 11, 2017, 07:16:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 11, 2017, 01:45:41 AM

Yup I spotted that and it caused some confusion at first

And fitting radials to a Pe2 would increase the similarity to the Tu2 and thus cause more confusion amongst onlookers...
:mellow:
Fred

NARSES2

Whilst looking to sort something for Capt Canada I discovered we had a Soviet GB in 2009 and in 2014. Completely forgotten both and I entered both  :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

Doesn't matter - a fertile subject!  :lol: