The Soviet GB Discussion Thread

Started by NARSES2, December 20, 2016, 06:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: loupgarou on January 12, 2017, 01:17:22 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 11, 2017, 07:58:21 PM

* An expanded, corrected, updated and translated version of a work originally published by Malmassari
in French in 1989. Current version also published in the UK in 2016 by Seaforth Publishing, an imprint
of Pen & Sword Books Ltd. www.seaforthpublishing.com (£40, £30 for the Kindle/ebook version)

For whoever may be interested in the book, I'd like to point out that's a nearly completely different book from the erlier "version". The older one had many scale drawings now missing, while photo coverage is now much larger. For me, as military trains are a special interest, both issues are necessary.
This is an opinion based on first looks, haven't yet read the new book.

The author addresses the drawings issue in the introduction in "Notes On The Plans": "... Certain plans
were previously published in 1989 in our encyclopedia Les Trains Blindes 1826 - 1989. We have
decided to not reproduce those which suffer from too many innacurracies, which we discovered as the
result of research in the interim, but we have added new plans drawn since then.  ... Finally, wherever
possible we have preferred to reproduce original technical drawings, accepting some minor loss of
definition."

Amongst the new stuff are plans of Spanish trains by M. Francisco Cruzado Albert.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 14, 2017, 08:24:07 AM
Curious and interesting

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/how-russians-imagined-the-year-2017-in-1960-1790754031

Hmm, so '.....the last remaining Imperialists...' screw up the weather.

That would seem to indicate that the Soviets control what's left over of the World?

So who are 'The Imperialists' now, eh?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

An exotic aircraft from 1948, the BiCH-28, a plane I severely want to build, but as yet, haven't figured out a starting base for it;

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

63cpe

Great plan RAFF-35. Beautyfull model!

I reckon it's best build from scratch. Maybe use balsa wood as a basis. Light weight and easy to shape by sandingpaper and dremel.
I made two radomes (Nimrod AEW shaped) for a next project from balsa made the basic shape in about two hours..... Now it's painting three/four layers of paint (ordinary black enamel) to smooth them out and get the ready for further sanding.

Cheers!

David

RAFF-35

Thanks David, but I barely have enough time to build kit based whiffs, let alone scratch build with balsa  ;D

JayBee

That is a rather fantastic beast.

Looking at it I would think, start with a 1/48 SAAB Draken and make a 1/72 build. Then I could just be off my head, but no I am a member of this forum so what the heck.

:rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Librarian

I'd go with an F4D Skyray...takes care of about 60%.

RAFF-35

In terms of wing shape, I'd agree that the F-4D would make a good base, but if you look at the two fuselages, there would need to be a fair amount of PSR me thinks

But the more I dwell on it, the more achievable I think it'd be  ;D

Mossie

It's a beauty, and one I've thought about building.  It's small, 10.1m long, 8.0m span and around 3/4 the size of the Skyray.  If you want an accurate model, I couldn't think of a way to do it without bastardising a few parts together with lots of sanding balsa or plastic card.

If you want something approximate, than Librarian and JayBee are right, a Skyray or Draken would be a good place to start.  Maybe take a Tamiya Skyray and replace the nose with one from an F-19 with a new canopy and a bit of re-shaping of the trailing edge and wing tips?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

RAFF-35

Or perhaps the production aircraft would be larger than the prototype thus allowing the skyray to be an accurate size?

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

Mossie, where did you find the dimensions of the BiCH-28? Couldn't find it...

I was thinking it's techical and periode comrade of the MiG-15. That's a small aircraft aswell. I think i'll give it a try in balsa and get parts from a MiG-15. Therefore I need more info on the dimensions etc etc. Where do I find that information?

David

RAFF-35

Should be very interesting to watch you build that, David  :lol: I think I'll be breeding an F4-D with a MiG-15 as well, i.e. The vertical stabiliser, cockpit canopy, tail pipe and possibly the guns?  :unsure: