Squadron Models - 1/72 Haunebu II - Premium Edition Now Available!

Started by Madoc, December 21, 2016, 03:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Quote from: Liebemaister on April 10, 2017, 04:50:35 PM
Hi there,
I build it too see my post in this forum title German on the moon

Nice work.  :thumbsup:
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43577.msg763746.html#msg763746

The only other thing for review about this kit that bugs me is all the rivets. You just know some darn JMN at a show will start teasing about all the rivets and make any attempt to count them and/or say there are too many or not enough.  :banghead:  ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Quote from: seadude on April 10, 2017, 09:24:10 AM

I have a brilliant idea of creating a large diorama. First, create a "house floor" base with linoleum or wood. Buy a realistic looking boy baby doll toy and have it set up like he is playing with a toy spinning top on the floor. Add my Haunebu kit in front of the baby and put some sort of wording on the base or elsewhere that says: "Werner, you dummkopf! You've transported us to an oversized children's toy area! Get us out of here, NOW! Schnell! MACH SCHNELL!"  ;D
Think about it. Those toy spinning tops are round and do sort of appear in the shape of a UFO. Kid plays with regular top toy, then spots the newly appeared German UFO and thinks that's a new toy top and wants to play with it. What could be more funnier?  ;D

There's an advert on UK T.V. where an alien space fleet invades Earth and when the lead ship lands and the Alien's commander steps down his ship is driven over by a UFO trackers van. The alien ships are tiny. Very funny advert  ;D

There wre a few Far Side cartoons based on a similar theme with either the aliens or the humans being tiny. My favourite one was where the Earth was an alien kid's vivarium  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madoc

Squadron has just released a "What If?" of this "What If?" - a civilian passenger carrying Haunebu!

From the Squadron website:

• Premium version consists of a resin upgrade set to convert the military version into a civilian platform that includes: very detailed top deck/observation bunker. Rear port, choice of top dome (resin or vacu-form acetate), 12 upgraded wheels, radome disc for main upper body, bottom cover discs (4) to replace kit ball turrets with choice of installing laser units or clear bulbs.

• Haunebu kit also features beautiful decal markings to represent a civilian space-expeditionary livery. Comes with exquisite Falcon clear vacu-canopies.

• Also includes: State of the art Instruction Manual with full color profile and painting guide, brief history of the Hannebu II also incorporated into the booklet. Packaged in a deluxe box with protective sleeve including original artwork suitable for framing.

Just imagine one of these in Pan Am or BOAC livery!
Wherever you go, there you are!

elmayerle

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

seadude

Quote from: Madoc on October 11, 2017, 10:10:55 AM
Squadron has just released a "What If?" of this "What If?" - a civilian passenger carrying Haunebu!

From the Squadron website:

• Premium version consists of a resin upgrade set to convert the military version into a civilian platform that includes: very detailed top deck/observation bunker. Rear port, choice of top dome (resin or vacu-form acetate), 12 upgraded wheels, radome disc for main upper body, bottom cover discs (4) to replace kit ball turrets with choice of installing laser units or clear bulbs.

• Haunebu kit also features beautiful decal markings to represent a civilian space-expeditionary livery. Comes with exquisite Falcon clear vacu-canopies.

• Also includes: State of the art Instruction Manual with full color profile and painting guide, brief history of the Hannebu II also incorporated into the booklet. Packaged in a deluxe box with protective sleeve including original artwork suitable for framing.

Just imagine one of these in Pan Am or BOAC livery!

I already made a thread about it here.........if you would have looked.  :angry:
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44364.0.html
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Madoc

seadude,

Quote from: seadude on October 11, 2017, 11:25:22 AM
I already made a thread about it here.........if you would have looked.

Nope, didn't see it.  You also could've updated the existing thread about the Haunebu - if you'd looked first.   :mellow:

In any event, I hope the Squadron guys make their money on this thing as that'll encourage 'em to keep making more such interesting kits.

Martin H

oh Gould! do I realy need a 3rd one of these?

No. Not when Hannants want £99 for one!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Madoc

Martin,

Of course you do!  How else could you properly fill out that Alt-Hist Templehoff diorama you know you've always wanted to build...