1/72 P.1000 Ratte German Mega-Tank - Modelcollect

Started by Madoc, December 26, 2016, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That thing's so big it'd SINK Dorset all on its own!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I propose a group build for the 2018 SIG display!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: seadude on December 27, 2016, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 26, 2016, 11:42:16 PM
Full interior detail I hope.

If the Wikipedia specs are correct then the finished model will be 542mm long (guns forward), 194mm wide and 153mm high.
I don't see the problem.  The Monogram 1/72 B.36 has a bigger footprint.   ;D

How big is a completed 1/350 USS Enterprise?
How big is your Hospital ship Seadude?

If you mean a 1/350 Enterprise aircraft carrier, then that is 36-37 inches long.
My HMS Habakkuk model is 34" long.
My USS Montana battleship is 32" long.
And my USS Solace hospital ship is about 29" long.

According to Wikipedia.........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte
........the P1000 Ratte is 128ft. long (Guns forward) x 46ft. wide x 36ft. high.
In 1/72 scale, that would be approximately 21 1/4" long x 7 3/4" wide x 6" high.
Ok, maybe I would have enough room on my workbench to build that and/or display it. But the thing that would kill me the most would probably be the price like I earlier said. Probably be 2-3x more than what the Takom Landkreuzer kit is.

Thank you Seadude.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Madoc

Modelcollect is making steady progress on this beauty!

https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/posts/888623261292775

Wherever you go, there you are!

PR19_Kit

It needs a few more wheels, and guns............ ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

seadude

Looks pretty much like a knockoff of the Takom kit. Only differences from what I can see is the rear of the main gun turret, the top of the engine area, and the wheels.
I can only hope that Modelcollect also adds extra anti-aircraft gun turrets to be placed at the back of this beast. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Dizzyfugu

They are apparently also offering now a kit of a German Flak Bunker quarter in 1:72. With four of them you might get this (if you REALLY want to) as a matching part of a king-sized diorama:

:o

chrisonord

I think one of these would make a good mobile coastal gun emplacement. In the hands of the Cartel it could trundle along a border coastline/estuary and pick off anchored shipping then clear off before the air support gets there.  :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on September 17, 2017, 10:44:36 AM

I think one of these would make a good mobile coastal gun emplacement. In the hands of the Cartel it could trundle along a border coastline/estuary and pick off anchored shipping then clear off before the air support gets there.  :wacko:

But as it's the size of a small town it should be easily spottable of course..............  ;)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2017, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on September 17, 2017, 10:44:36 AM

But as it's the size of a small town it should be easily spottable of course..............  ;)
Camouflage it as a small town then.  :wacko: ;D
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Steel Penguin

with a top speed of 25mph its a sitting duck, ( nowadays) its a laser rider away from an immobile metal box, or use FASCAM to box it in, it cant afford to loose track.  during WW2 it would have been hunted by heavy air, either plough the area to dust ( as round Caen) or use Tallboys.  shame it wasn't looked at more seriously, it would have sucked even more manpower and materials away from anything useful ( can you tell my attitude to Vunder Vwpons? :unsure:)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 18, 2017, 10:44:05 AM
or use Tallboys. 

which is what would've happened --- Tirpitz comes to mind. Also by the end of the war the RAF was looking at some sort of bomb guiding equipment too, which eventually led to TV guided technology.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Madoc

Dizzy,

Now there's an idea!

Take one of those Flak Tower models and put four of the P.1000 Ratte kits under it - one per corner - and you now have a mobile Flak Tower implacement that's also bomb-proof!

Imagine the sheer terror (and disbelief) of any troops having to face such a monstrous thing lumbering at them in the battlefield!  An entire fortress coming right at them! 
Wherever you go, there you are!

PR19_Kit

.....and the sheer horror of seeing every road and bridge collapse under the vast weight of such an assemblage as it vanishes into the depths of the Earth.............  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

seadude

Quote from: Madoc on September 19, 2017, 03:49:43 PM
Dizzy,

Now there's an idea!

Take one of those Flak Tower models and put four of the P.1000 Ratte kits under it - one per corner - and you now have a mobile Flak Tower implacement that's also bomb-proof!

Imagine the sheer terror (and disbelief) of any troops having to face such a monstrous thing lumbering at them in the battlefield!  An entire fortress coming right at them!

Reminds me of this.  :o  :o  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.