1/72 P.1000 Ratte German Mega-Tank - Modelcollect

Started by Madoc, December 26, 2016, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madoc

From the "you've got to be kidding" department, comes this!

A P.1000 Ratte "landcruiser" WW II German tank.  If Modelcollect comes through with this thing than it will be the biggest tank model kit in 1/72 scale ever made.  No word yet on when it will be released of how much each copy will cost.  Details to follow...

https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/photos/a.153755038112938.33382.153752164779892/748727821948987/?type=3&theater
Wherever you go, there you are!

seadude

1/72 scale? Seriously?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

No thanks. If Takom's 1/144 scale averages at about $45-50 a kit, I'm betting a 1/72 scale Landkreuzer will be 2-3x (or more) as much. I can't afford that. And 1/72 scale would be too big. I wouldn't know where to put it when finished.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Martin H

Jeez! that thing will be massive in 72nd. that will eat up display space on a show stand, let alone display shelving.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Madoc

Ah come on guys!  Expand your consciousness!  Think big!  BIG!!  One of these things would be so huge - absurdly huge - that you simply must have it!
Wherever you go, there you are!

seadude

Quote from: Madoc on December 26, 2016, 08:23:34 PM
Ah come on guys!  Expand your consciousness!  Think big!  BIG!!  One of these things would be so huge - absurdly huge - that you simply must have it!

I am thinking big..........but only for a 1/144 scale Landkreuzer P1500 Monster which Takom said they were planning to make, but canceled. I'd rather have that than another 1/72 scale Landkreuzer Ratte.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

zenrat

Full interior detail I hope.

If the Wikipedia specs are correct then the finished model will be 542mm long (guns forward), 194mm wide and 153mm high.
I don't see the problem.  The Monogram 1/72 B.36 has a bigger footprint.   ;D

How big is a completed 1/350 USS Enterprise?
How big is your Hospital ship Seadude?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

Martin, you don't have it on the table at a show,  you have it AS the table at a show.
and anyway wasn't there some one building it in 1:35 on one of the other modelling websites?   ( and now I cant find it  poot!)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Chaos

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Chaos on December 27, 2016, 02:13:52 AM
Wow 1/72 it is big and great i think. A must have for us and the build of the 1/35 P.1000 was in the Armorama Forum
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=214353&ord=&page=28

I like the way the guy building it says he uses a disc sander to round off the edges of the turret!  :o :o ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I'm not allowed to look at that website because I have an adblocker running.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

seadude

Quote from: zenrat on December 26, 2016, 11:42:16 PM
Full interior detail I hope.

If the Wikipedia specs are correct then the finished model will be 542mm long (guns forward), 194mm wide and 153mm high.
I don't see the problem.  The Monogram 1/72 B.36 has a bigger footprint.   ;D

How big is a completed 1/350 USS Enterprise?
How big is your Hospital ship Seadude?

If you mean a 1/350 Enterprise aircraft carrier, then that is 36-37 inches long.
My HMS Habakkuk model is 34" long.
My USS Montana battleship is 32" long.
And my USS Solace hospital ship is about 29" long.

According to Wikipedia.........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte
........the P1000 Ratte is 128ft. long (Guns forward) x 46ft. wide x 36ft. high.
In 1/72 scale, that would be approximately 21 1/4" long x 7 3/4" wide x 6" high.
Ok, maybe I would have enough room on my workbench to build that and/or display it. But the thing that would kill me the most would probably be the price like I earlier said. Probably be 2-3x more than what the Takom Landkreuzer kit is.

The Wooksta!

YES!  I am sooooooo having one of them!

Wearing British captured markings as, well, you know, the Germans LOST!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

found it !!!
Claymore on  beyond the sprues is doing one

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6695.45
is at the page but the rest of the thread is worth a read, for the glorious plastic chopping goodness.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 27, 2016, 08:59:24 AM

Id like to em getting that thing across the channel for testing at Bovington  ;D ;D ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rheged

Quote from: Martin H on December 27, 2016, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 27, 2016, 08:59:24 AM

Id like to em getting that thing across the channel for testing at Bovington  ;D ;D ;D

Drive it across with the muzzle of the gun sticking up like a snorkel?  Sling it between two battleships?    And then just think of trying to get it along the narrow Dorset lanes to Bovington........on a specially made trailer pulled by a dozen or so assorted Scammells
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet