Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Hey, it's your blog so you get to choose what to inflict on share with us!  :thumbsup:

It's nice to have the conversation jump around and cover a variety, anyway.

Carry On, sir!  ;D

zenrat

And if we don't like the direction it's going, we'll just hijack it anyway.   :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2023, 03:17:03 AMAnd if we don't like the direction it's going, we'll just hijack it anyway.   :mellow:

I'll take that as a promise.  ;D

Pretty good personal shape today, but the weather is abominable so I'm sorting my new stash additions (see relevant thread) and pretending I don't see what's happening outside.
Also contemplating whether to varnish the remaining Deuce on its own or decal a Dutchman or two. Decisions, decisions..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2023, 03:17:03 AMAnd if we don't like the direction it's going, we'll just hijack it anyway.   :mellow:

Ain't that the truth  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 01, 2023, 05:40:11 AM

Ain't that the truth  ;)  ;D

Thread drift virus is rampant throughout this site...................and that's the way we like it!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on February 01, 2023, 03:43:25 AM..contemplating whether to varnish the remaining Deuce on its own or decal a Dutchman or two. Decisions, decisions..

Well - life happened again and no modelling but the sorting done today. Instead, project management of the nascent renovation after that water leak.

And the sleet turned into snow and now there's two full inches of the dreaded stuff on the ground. I feel personally offended!

But there's another day tomorrow, luckily. Let's see what that has to bring.

killnoizer

Hey , did you have problems with the delivery of DEFENDER  parts in Denmark ?   We have very good traders in germany, especially FWD Ebner near Göttingen is my preferred source , and never got any problem to get parts, except some very unique military stuff . We also have a lot of parts in spare .  Please call if you need something . :thumbsup: 
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Dizzyfugu

I really took some inspiration from your F-102 builds for a vaguely planned Hasegawa F-106; it's planned to become a Vietnam machine, with SEA camouflage (found an official USAF scheme that was never applied), and I consider a change of armament to Sparrows in the belly and Sidewinders on small extra pylons under the outer wings. Time to tackle it, it's been lingering in the back of my mind for some years...

zenrat

Delta Dart first flight 1956.  Perfect for the '50s GB.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on February 02, 2023, 02:46:13 AMDelta Dart first flight 1956.  Perfect for the '50s GB.

Hmmm...

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 02, 2023, 02:46:13 AMDelta Dart first flight 1956.  Perfect for the '50s GB.

And an 80s GB... :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 02, 2023, 12:29:06 AM..... and I consider a change of armament to Sparrows in the belly.....

Will they fit in the missile bay?

I have a vague idea I tried that some years ago and they were too long, or too wide or something. The Falcons were quite small missiles at the time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Not certain (yet), but IIRC the bay is quite long. An AIM-4 is just ~2m long, the AIM-7 3.7m, so length should not be the issue!

Pellson

Quote from: killnoizer on February 01, 2023, 02:25:08 PMHey , did you have problems with the delivery of DEFENDER  parts in Denmark ?  We have very good traders in germany, especially FWD Ebner near Göttingen is my preferred source , and never got any problem to get parts, except some very unique military stuff . We also have a lot of parts in spare .  Please call if you need something . :thumbsup: 

Thanks! Much appreciated!

I've so far sourced most of my LR parts from the UK, but I'll have a look at FWD Ebner!  :thumbsup:

Also, your more personal offer is much appreciated  :wub:

Pellson

Re the 50's GB - I saw that, considered it briefly before I started and then decided to just go with my lust. Hey - it worked when I met Mrs P, so..  ;)

Re AIM-7's in the belly - I THINK two Sparrows will fit in a Six, if you take some minor liberties with the launch mechanism. Three will almost fit in a Deuce, being limited by the wing span of the missiles, so either you cut the tips a little or just shut up and go with it. Length isn't a problem. AIM-120's do fit, and if slightly staggered, will fit in doubles, i.e four in a Six and six in a Deuce. The launch rail mechanism would be a bit complicated, though, but what the heck.,