Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I feel a little similar at the moment, but it's the Spring Equinox today so hopefully my body will respond in the next day or two  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

The equinox does help. It's the latent druid genes, I suspect.

It's been a busy few days and this afternoon, there's this follow-up x-ray. It'll be good to have it done, but doing it - not so much. 45 minutes in a rather narrow and very loud tube..
Well, well.. Right now, the sun is actually poking small holes in the overcast, and even if the forecast says rain this afternoon, the temperature is definitely springlike. I'll focus on that and take the dog for a walk, methinks.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on March 22, 2023, 01:45:53 AMthe temperature is definitely springlike. I'll focus on that and take the dog for a walk, methinks.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Hope the X-Ray went ok  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 22, 2023, 06:29:56 AM
Quote from: Pellson on March 22, 2023, 01:45:53 AMthe temperature is definitely springlike. I'll focus on that and take the dog for a walk, methinks.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Hope the X-Ray went ok  :thumbsup:

Thanks, it did. At least the procedure. The result, however, won't appear in some 3-4 weeks yet. But that'll be a problem for another day.

Pellson

Winter is coming. Or rather refusing to leave. That is annoying, and it does eat at my energy levels as well as my mojo. Despite that, I decided to act on a sudden impulse and cut the entire forward fuselage off another Airfix Hunter, then extending it with a plasticard plug. Loads of PSR has followed, but its slowly shaping up. Looking forward to see where this one goes.

In other news, the teardown of the damaged bathroom has begun, meaning there's handymen stomping through the house and quite a lot of noise from them braking down walls and  tearing up tiles. They are to be done on Friday, so still a few days to go. And then, we'll know how much drying that has to be done. That's the main unknown yet to be revealed, as several weeks, maybe months with several big electric heater fans going 24/7 will cost us a fortune. And that's outside of the insurance coverage.
But hopefully, not that much. If we're just a little lucky, it's all in the concrete, and that'll dry out in a whiff.

But since I can't do anything in any direction affecting this, I'll just carry on with the odd plastic green Dane.

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on March 28, 2023, 04:50:16 AMBut since I can't do anything in any direction affecting this, I'll just carry on with the odd plastic green Dane.

Precisely the required attitude  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing where the Hunter goes.

Pellson

The demolition crew was finished Friday, so the machine room and the bathroom are both totally cleared out. Good lads - they've been thorough but not overzealous. But the snow we've got prevents the lorry to get up to the house to take away the waste container, and equally, the guys that are to collect the items we have to have stored can't get here either. Well - we managed to get the road cleared from snow, but some more melting would be nice. However, the nights are devastatingly cold, so even if the sun does nibble away on the ice, it's going to take a little time.

Also, other things are occupy my mind. An acquaintance has had a rather bad breakdown and I feel I should be more actively supporting him. However, my own energy levels aren't just enough to do that without jeopardising my own health. That's troubling, and I'm trying my best at the same time as I'm acutely aware of how close to my limits I'm sailing. Not optimal, and not leaving any room at all for modelling. And the projects on my table are staring bluntly at me, as if they're accusing me of abandoning them.

Well - I'll have to make a decision on how to proceed soon. Just winging it doesn't seem the safest way to proceed.

Old Wombat

Whichever way you go, mate, make sure your health & well-being are your principal concern! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 01, 2023, 05:18:48 PMWhichever way you go, mate, make sure your health & well-being are your principal concern! :thumbsup:

Totally agree  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 02, 2023, 01:23:38 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 01, 2023, 05:18:48 PMWhichever way you go, mate, make sure your health & well-being are your principal concern! :thumbsup:

And a friend will always understand.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 02, 2023, 03:28:24 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 02, 2023, 01:23:38 AM

And a friend will always understand.

As will your bench.  What we do is a hobby, not a job.  Self-care should be more important than plastic.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Another day starting of truly arctic just to become almost springlike before again reverting to penguins and polar bears. I really despise this period of the year!

Not having gotten any further in my contemplation over how engaged I should allow myself to be in other peoples problems, I took my mind off that particular problem by attacking another, less delicate problem, and one of my own - the Defender back door having gotten stuck. I had concocted a plan of action, and for once it did go rather much along said plan. It was rather easy accessing the lock by prying out the door card a bit, and then the door opened quite easily. Well there, it turned out to be mostly a matter of lubrication. Oh, if everything only could be solved by moderate to rich application of WD40..

Now gearing up for tomorrow's deliver of half a pint of fresh blood. Test time, you see, and in addition to them basically draining me totally, I also have to do it on an empty stomach. And that's what's really annoying. A hungry Pellson is a grumpy Pellson, you know.
Well, a least I'm not the one I'm grumpy at, and that's always something.

But that's for tomorrow. Now - kip.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on April 02, 2023, 03:15:43 PMOh, if everything only could be solved by moderate to rich application of WD40..

My lower spine agrees whole-heartedly with that statement! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Pellson on April 02, 2023, 03:15:43 PMOh, if everything only could be solved by moderate to rich application of WD40..

... you mean - they can't?!? :o  And to think I laid in a stockpile of that and Duct Tape...
Ah well, enough WD-40 on the ground and they can be slid along and out of your immediate vicinity... and if they insist on returning, while Duct Tape can't fix Stupid, it can muffle the sound.

Quote from: Pellson on April 02, 2023, 03:15:43 PMA hungry Pellson is a grumpy Pellson, you know.

Yeah, I resemble that remark...

"You keep pushing the 'Grouchy' Button!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 02, 2023, 05:48:19 PM

My lower spine agrees whole-heartedly with that statement! :thumbsup:

As do my knees  ;)  :thumbsup: