Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2023, 01:40:48 AMAutumn's a tad late here in the South East of England as the leaves have only just started to turn, those still left on the trees after storm Ciaran that is  ;)

Quote from: Pellson on November 03, 2023, 05:28:15 PMAll in all, a nice Halloween week, so far, and on Sunday, we're capping it by lighting some candles for those we have lost, blending paganism with Christianity and joy with loss, thereby in a way mimicking life as it is. Mixed but beautiful.

And as a final extra icing on that cake, the trip, and not least the visit at Mat's, may very well have restored some mojo for my stalled RDAF strikers.

It's amazing how many traditions blend paganism and Christianity without the majority of people realising it. Glad the mojo's back, obviously needed a break.

It's Guy Fawkes weekend over here and I've never been certain if we are meant to be remembering/celebrating the foiling of a plot and the execution of the plotters or the plotters themselves in their attempt to blow Parliament up ?

Christmas being the most obvious.

I think Guy Fawkes Night is one of those events where either opinion is equally viable. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:54:41 AMI think Guy Fawkes Night is one of those events where either opinion is equally viable. ;D

True  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2023, 01:55:38 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:54:41 AMI think Guy Fawkes Night is one of those events where either opinion is equally viable. ;D

In other words, just a damned good excuse for a bonfire, letting off a few fireworks & guzzling down too much booze. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:57:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2023, 01:55:38 AM

In other words, just a damned good excuse for a bonfire, letting off a few fireworks & guzzling down too much booze. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Never  ;)  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

There's a running figure in the flames on the left directly above the vertical red stripey thing.  It's got one arm outstretched and a leg forward.  Looks a bit troll like...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:57:44 AMIn other words, just a damned good excuse for a bonfire, letting off a few fireworks & guzzling down too much booze. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Or, as we call it in the Antipodes, 'A Weekend'...  ;D

I heard the opinion once, that Guy Fawkes and his crew were the only people to have gone into Parliament with, if not the best, then the purest of intentions... cynical yes, but whatevs.

Fred - yes, I saw that too and wondered at first if they were burning a Guy.

Pellson

No, and I repeat NO, inspiration whatsoever. The current security development in the world is leaning a bit too heavily on me currently, and I have to admit I have difficulties in seeing any light, at least in the near future. But hopefully, in time, things will improve. Looking back, they have, even when the darkness on the horizon has looked really impenetrable from a distance.

But my mojo tend to be depending on how at peace I am, so basically, I'm already looking towards Christmas. I have loads of holidays running out this spring, so I'm planning for about a month without anything even remotely looking like work in December-January. Hopefully.
And until then, I just have to survive, I presume..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on November 07, 2023, 05:27:05 AMAnd until then, I just have to survive, I presume..  :rolleyes:

Always a good idea  ;)  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Loads of work, and on top of that, the significantly smarter half of the family has been made redundant at work. Now, that could have been a major downer, but we managed to manoeuvre out in a surprisingly controlled manner, resulting in two months paid leave before going right into a pretty decent position where she'll have significantly less pressure and much more freedom. While this might bore her out of her skull in time, following the last six months of battling utter and sheer stupidity, it seems a good landing pad.

On my side, some very unexpected positive news on the cancer front meaning I actually might be here to pester you all for a bit longer. That said, there's no such thing as a definite diagnosis as far as tumour illness goes, so I'll just carry on living day by day as I have been doing for the last eight years, coming January. But I think that's a pretty stiff upside compared to what I was expecting a week ago.

Modelling - not so much lately. I just can't find the peace of mind needed. Eventually I will, and then I'll let you all know. But until then, I'll just continue to envy you that went your Telford experience and revel in the reports. Keep them coming!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rick Lowe

Good news for/from both of you, then - great to hear!

<_<  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 19, 2023, 07:59:35 PMGood news for/from both of you, then - great to hear!

<_<  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

What the Kiwi said! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Rheged

My congratulations to your good lady and yourself on A) her successful navigation of a potentially awkward situation and B) your continued existence in a reasonable state of repair.

..............and you WERE at Telford, at least virtually and  in our thoughts!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Good to hear you're still good to go on going!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Really great news for both of you  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: