Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

so very very true  Sir, so very very true   :bow:    :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

If it's not fun, why bother?
So you are on the right track bud.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on July 14, 2024, 05:41:32 AMIf it's not fun, why bother?
So you are on the right track bud.
 :thumbsup:

Wise words.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 14, 2024, 03:50:32 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 14, 2024, 12:29:44 AM
Quote from: Pellson on July 13, 2024, 01:58:24 PMOn the other hand - I build for fun. Not necessarily accuracy, so.. :angel:

:bow:  :bow:

Amen! :thumbsup:

Indeed!

So - why do we usually say "I'm working on something"? Suppose because "I'm funning with something" is clumsy and could easily be misconstrued by any casual eavesdropper... ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 14, 2024, 11:14:42 PM
Quote from: Pellson on July 13, 2024, 01:58:24 PMOn the other hand - I build for fun. Not necessarily accuracy, so.. :angel:

Indeed!

So - why do we usually say "I'm working on something"? Suppose because "I'm funning with something" is clumsy and could easily be misconstrued by any casual eavesdropper... ;D

Yes, "I'm funning with my new model" could be very easily misconstrued! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 15, 2024, 02:23:43 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 14, 2024, 11:14:42 PM

Indeed!

Yup, exactly my thinking!
;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Nick

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 15, 2024, 02:23:43 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 14, 2024, 11:14:42 PMSo - why do we usually say "I'm working on something"? Suppose because "I'm funning with something" is clumsy and could easily be misconstrued by any casual eavesdropper... ;D

I'm sure that Robert De Niro did a comedy sketch using 'Funning with Me' as the clean punchline

Pellson

While actually having fetched those paint tins and that putty, I've been mostly busy with construction work for a few days. While generally enjoying myself to an extent I'm most certainly not going to tell Mrs P about, I've also noticed that my hands get tired from all that exercise they get when handling tools and materials, and accordingly, I'm not really up to any detail modelling when not doing any full scale building.
Well - there's not that much construction left until the deck is done, but on the other hand, the weather seems to be improving, so maybe I'll focus on outdoorsy stuff rather than indoorsy things such as modelling for a bit. But one never knows - I did manage to not only bring that Corsair, but also to find and bring that AWOL F-4E. And the mojo is still tickling me.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Make the most of the good weather and satisfy the mojo by modelling outdoors  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Finally, the main phases of the wooden deck project is done. It's been ten months, almost to the day, since we started with the structure for the walkway in front of the house and today, I screwed in the last fitted piece of decking. There is still a short walkway to build before we're entirely done, but we've reached a stage where all the important area is completed and commissioned.

This is where we started:

You cannot view this attachment.

..and having completed that first phase, we soon went for the structure of the next, biggest phase.

Originally, the plan was to cover this area either during November and December or during the early spring, but as the weather gods went for Inuit weather from mid November to late April, nothing more really happened until May this year, rather efficiently negating the possibility of having the deck operational before the summer holidays.

Pellson

However - as one of my favourite t-shirts say: Never f-ing give up! Accordingly, we went to work again on the few weekends we had during the most intense season of the year, and in mid May, we had about half the second phase decked and done.

..and about a month later, phase two was done

We then immediately went for phase three, starting with the demolition of the old existing, all but derelict deck. Taking that out went surprisingly well, but having that out of the way, we had a substantial amount of earth and stones to clear before being able to build the new supporting structure. That, however, would have to wait for the Greece holidays at the end of June.

Pellson

Back in the tempered (well..) part of the world, we dug in (pun most certainly intended). That wasn't any fun at all, but at the end, we were able to use my father's old supports as a base, adding some more to get the new structure up.

That was last Saturday, and now, three days later, we're finally done.

And tomorrow evening, we're having friends over for a barbecue and some hot tubbing. So good timing!

Left for later is a final, about 12 by 6 ft big walkway at the far left in the photos above, completing the path around the house. That phase (phase four) will also have to start with some digging and clearing, but as it's a rather limited area in comparison, it's more a matter of just getting on with it. But probably not this week. I actually do feel the mojo nibbling on my mind a bit, as there's an A-7 kit sitting right by the kitchen table..  ;)

PR19_Kit

You've enough room on that deck for your own helipad!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2024, 02:20:04 PMYou've enough room on that deck for your own helipad!  :o

..and the structural strength to support at least a small 'un.  ;D

Well, as the house isn't that big, adding outdoor area at indoor floor level effectively makes the house twice as big, and, as a mate said when we discussed the early plans a few years ago, I've never met anyone complaining over too large a pateo..  ;)

Rick Lowe

Cool!
And so very satisfying to finally complete a long-term project - especially when it's longer than you first anticipated.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Well Done, All.