Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on December 10, 2021, 06:55:11 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2021, 12:40:23 AM
Start with a T3, they look so much better with the longer nose.

Agree. And I have one, but I need the FAW canopy. That canopy is so much of the Javelins esprit.

I feel a kitbash coming to the site in the not too distant future. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I've got a few of them, would you like one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Some pretty solid spare bin archaeology has rendered a complete Javelin FAW.9 canopy, a slaughtered top fuselage and the afterburner cans, inluding the tailcone. Having dug out the Heller Javelin T.3, the main thing still not located is the cockpit tray with the lowered navigator position. There should be someting somewhere, though. Regardless, I now have enough to start toying around, looking at preliminary cut marks and new lines for the fuselage and wing. There'll be a lot of changes here..
Also, the fairing behind the canopy is a problem as it is significantly higher on the T.3 compared with the FAW.9. That has to be sorted, but I hope to be able to transplant that old rest mentioned above. Also, in the end, I might not use the Sapphire Sa.7 engines but rather something more Avonish, getting 2x71 kN rather than 2x49 kN as built.
We'll see.

In the mean time, there's been quite a lot at work, several things starting off at once. Tiring, unfortunately. On the upside, however, the results from the big radioactive X-ray came back, and against significant odds, there are no new tumours! From a statistical perspective, there really should have been some, but it seems the braking medicines I've got works a treat! However, having been so prepared to go another round with the surgeons, there's now a strange empty feeling inside that I hadn't anticipated. But obviously, there's a great relief too!

Speaking of rounds - today, I went a solid round with the Defender, trying again to sort out the very, very annoying death wobble up front. And I'll be damned, but it actually seems I got it right this time. Awesome, in particular as we're visiting relatives tomorrow, some 230 km's away, so theres about six hours driving to be done, and God knows that'll be a lot more comfortable without having to endure a shaky steering wheel.

But now I'm rather flat, actually, not yet having the stamina I'd like. So tonight, there'll be soft telly, lots o' tea and very thorough relaxation.

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 17, 2021, 10:54:04 AM

In the mean time, there's been quite a lot at work, several things starting off at once. Tiring, unfortunately. On the upside, however, the results from the big radioactive X-ray came back, and against significant odds, there are no new tumours! From a statistical perspective, there really should have been some, but it seems the braking medicines I've got works a treat! However, having been so prepared to go another round with the surgeons, there's now a strange empty feeling inside that I hadn't anticipated. But obviously, there's a great relief too!

That's fantastic news mate, I'm so happy for you and your family  :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about the empty feeling when you've braced yourself for bad news. It's very strange, but just the way our brain reacts. Can leave you feeling very tired as well. Doesn't last long though, a stiff drink and the worlds your oyster  :cheers: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Family Rheged are all delighted to hear your news,  which we all hope will lead to an even happier Christmas in the Pellson family.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

What wonderful news on your medical front, well done indeed.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Yes, great news indeed - an early Christmas Present?  ;)

kerick

Very glad to hear the surgeon will have time on his hands! :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on December 17, 2021, 10:54:04 AM
...the main thing still not located is the cockpit tray with the lowered navigator position.

Got it! Not very many excuses left not to get on with it, methinks.. :rolleyes:

My main problem  with the design is to area rule the fuselage to an extent. I haven't really figured out how to do that just yet. The fin/stabilator assembly will just be thinned out significantly, and provided that I can mend the huge holes left after cutting away the ridiculously thick wing, a wing plan form will sort itself. I think we're about to start cutting plastic!

In other news, the Defender is still silently dripping fuel outside. Hopefully, I'll get the spare parts needed today and/or tomorrow, but the frweezing temperatures aren't really inviting me to get going with the tools. Ah, well. Eventually, thaw will set in and then I can get on with it. Or I just might get the feeeling and attack it regardless. That has been known to occur, every now and then..

kerick

Check some pics of the rear half of an F-102. It had some sheet metal additions when it was found to be incapable of it's projected top speed because it wasn't area ruled.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: kerick on December 21, 2021, 08:07:11 AM
Check some pics of the rear half of an F-102. It had some sheet metal additions when it was found to be incapable of it's projected top speed because it wasn't area ruled.

Thanks. I'm aware of the Delta Dagger, but I think I'm looking for something slightly different. But we'll see. Eventually.  ;)