Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Did they actually build any J32Us?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 19, 2023, 07:01:00 AMDid they actually build any J32Us?

No. Not even a mockup, and I haven't even been able to find a drawing. That said, if you want to stick to the description, it doesn't seem to be that difficult. Starting from a Tarangus J32B, you'll have to cut the wings at the roots, taking out a slice to sort the sweep. Then you need to cut the exhaust, replacing the rearmost "narrow" part with a slightly wider piece, reflecting the larger engine. And that's about it.

Going a bit wilder, there's obviously lots more one can do. I have one based on a (well - two, actually) Heller kits in the works, with longer fuselage, even steeper sweep and a pointed radome, all to get the supersonic aerodynamics a bit more refined. One could complain about the 30mm ADEN's not being properly reflected as they had open ports whereas the A32A had their 20mm muzzles behind shutters. I don't care enough to modify that. Whifworld etc..
Pics to follow, eventually.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

...aaaaand while at Lansens, I actually did dig out my Swedish Box to get at the existing Lansen projects, and lo and behold - I have managed to sort three RA.29R/RM6C exhausts today, despite loads of "proper" work and then some. Two A32D's, one of them the Norwegian restomod that kicked all of this off, and then a S32D for good measure. One can never have too much power, methinks.

Also found this, just to keep me in the mood

Pellson

Finally ticking one misbehaving car off the list. The daughter's youth Jimny has had severe ignition issues but after almost a month of intermittent fault finding, I finally cracked it today. Bad wiring, of course. Not from the factory, but from some daft punk having installed the speed limiter in an absolutely non-workmanship way. Ah well. Sorted now, and with that, about a third of my logistic worries have disappeared.  :wub:

Tomorrow, I have a few meetings I need to prepare and attend, so I might not get as much time neither with tools nor kits, but miracles do happen, they say, so I'm not giving up..

Old Wombat

'Tis the time of year for Miracles! ;D  :thumbsup:

... Or so I'm told. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Speed limiter?

Is that a requirement for young or recently qualified drivers?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2023, 03:38:36 AMSpeed limiter?

Beat me to the question.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 21, 2023, 05:45:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2023, 03:38:36 AMSpeed limiter?

Beat me to the question.

Over here, regular driving licenses can't be issued until you're 18 yo. However, by ancient law, tractors can be driven by 15 yo, provided that they have a training much resembling the ordinary drivers license training and that the vehicle is classified as a "tractor".

Any car can be reclassified, provided that it has a towbar, that you seal off the load compartment, remove the rear seats so the car only have one row of seating and make the car impossible to run faster than 30 km/h. That last thing is taken care of by an electronic device that will cut the ignition temporarily as soon as that speed is exceeded.

I think it's a really good thing as they greatly simplify logistics for us boondocks, and on top of that, they provide really good traffic training for youngsters, preparing them for driving regular cars. However, I also think these "tractors" speed should be allowed to match the EU mopeds, these being good for 45km/h. That would make them follow normal traffic in a much better way.

Some work today as well, but I've continued the renovation of my dads old Lansen and also sought out a few resin belly tanks from deep within my StashTM.  These 600 litre tanks were almost always carried on all versions, so at least for my strike and recce Lansens, I'm happy to have them.
The first one is already on, but the two other airframes needed some PSR before getting to that stage. Maybe tomorrow.

Rick Lowe

A good work-around for the 'Boondockers', methinks.

And useful if you need a couple of sheep/haybales to be delivered to the neighbours'.

I heard a story once about a young chap who drove himself in from somewhere in deepest Rural NZ to the nearest town where there was a driving examiner, to take his driving licence test.
The officer questioned him as to where he lived and then how he'd gotten to the town, and when he heard the answers, issued him with his licence on the spot.
On the basis that driving in from that location put him through about everything the examiner would have, so it was academic!

This would never happen nowadays, of course...

kitbasher

Ah, the Swedish 30 kph 'tractors'  :banghead:

I've family in western Sweden between Kungälv and Lilla Edet and getting stuck behind one of those things is one of the greatest irritations known to humankind.

Drive them on farms/private estates by all means, but not the open road!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on December 21, 2023, 11:33:01 PMAh, the Swedish 30 kph 'tractors'  :banghead:

I've family in western Sweden between Kungälv and Lilla Edet and getting stuck behind one of those things is one of the greatest irritations known to humankind.

Yeah, I recognise that sentiment alright. However, suddenly not having to drive your kids everywhere is a major blessing when you live like we do, and again - had they only been allowed to go a little bit faster, the annoying factor would be halved.
But from an authority view, 45 km/h in what for all intent and purposes is a car is apparently much more dangerous than 45 km/h on an open moped. They seem to know something I don't, that's for sure..

And as always when annoyed by youth - give yourself a second to consider your own youth. I find that increases my own tolerance significantly..  ;D

It's been snowing most of the night despite temperatures hovering just above the freezing point. Accordingly, the snow is heavy which has caused multiple outages in most of Eastern Sweden, us included, and by the looks of it, this could persist for a bit. Ah, well. Living where we are at least mean that you can go outside for a leak, no questions asked. And that's worse in town.

zenrat

Thanks for the explanation.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Got the juice back while in town sorting the final bunkering for Christmas. Now contemplating whether to go out and cut a tree or stay by the modelling table, dealing with trees tomorrow.
Choices, choices..

kerick

Quote from: kitbasher on December 21, 2023, 11:33:01 PMAh, the Swedish 30 kph 'tractors'  :banghead:

We get the monster sized farm equipment in planting season and again in harvest season around here. Slow and take up the entire road. Worst is when farmers drive them on the main highways where people normally drive 60 mph when people are trying to go to work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise