Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on December 25, 2023, 06:06:45 AM
Quote from: Gondor on December 25, 2023, 04:44:00 AM
Quote from: Pellson on December 25, 2023, 03:58:22 AMThat done, I might not do much more today, actually. Maybe I'll start that Lego Technics classic Defender that's been sitting around for a bit, or I'll continue with one or more of the Lansens. Or I'll just read. That's the nicest part of this holiday - you can actually choose entirely what you want to do. Or not.

That's all well and good when you have someone else to do all the catering!

Hope you and yours have a great day.

Gondor

Thanks a lot, Alistair.

Re the catering - we sorted all of that yesterday morning, and now, we're likely stuck with leftovers till Epiphany..  ;)

We will be eating our Christmas meal this evening..............and thank the Lord for the invention of the freezer or we too would be eating turkey at every meal for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy doing as much or as little as you fancy.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

I'm fine with leftovers - you can always slap some meat in a bun, and that's lunch sorted!

And days of plum pudding, Christmas cake, trifle and pav? Count me in! (though I may have to spend time recovering from the Sugar Coma...)

kerick

I enjoy being with the extended family but the logistics of it are challenging. Glad to get back to normal now.
I don't want to sound bad so Merry Christmas everyone and looking forward to a Happy New Year! 🎊
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Must admit I tend to prefer cold meat.

Quote from: Pellson on December 25, 2023, 03:58:22 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 25, 2023, 02:09:03 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2023, 05:18:37 AMGreat family photo  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Is that a frozen river in the background ?

Don't keep me on tenterhooks, my brain needs to know, it's incredibly intrigued  ;)  ;D

Sorry, gentlemen. It's neither, only a snowed-over meadow. The Baltic (or at least the fjord where we live) is about 600 m behind the photographer.

Ah, thankyou  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Slow day in winter wonderland. Mrs P and the daughters decided to take a tour in town so me and the laddie, neither of us really enjoying shopping, got left to our own devices.
While initially contemplating some modelling, I came to start on that Lego Land Rover, and it's been a good day!

You cannot view this attachment.

Well - not done yet, but it's starting to look the part already. And it's really a very nice pastime, adding parts without any cutting, filing, sanding or painting. On the other hand, it's not at all as creative as whiffing away on a proper kit.

Well - the change is nice. And I have actually turned it into an LHD car (it comes as an RHD in the box), so not entirely by the book...  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rick Lowe

It's a sight easier to modify Lego, though...  ;)
All those specially-designed and produced bits... still, no different from a normal kitset, so there you go.

Looking good there.

Sister got given the (big) Serenity Lego-alike kit; it'll be interesting to see it complete.

kerick

Looks like you are having fun with it and that's what it's for !!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 26, 2023, 11:25:34 AMIt's a sight easier to modify Lego, though...  ;).

Not necessarily. Many times, you can't just modify the bits you want, but have to rebuild half the set to make things fit. In this case, I was lucky that the steering actually seems to be prepared for both LHD and RHD, meaning I could shift the dash, steering column and pedals quite easily.

It's quite fulfilling, though but seeing it take shape, I'm severely tempted to buy a newer full-size Defender as well.  :angel:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 27, 2023, 06:58:38 AMIt's quite fulfilling, though but seeing it take shape, I'm severely tempted to buy a newer full-size Defender as well.  :angel:

"well dear, it was like this.................."  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

"But it was so cheap*, and I couldn't let it get away..."

*Though I'm not sure 'Cheap' and 'Land Rover' really belong in the same sentence... ;D

Pellson

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 28, 2023, 01:48:48 AM"But it was so cheap*, and I couldn't let it get away..."

*Though I'm not sure 'Cheap' and 'Land Rover' really belong in the same sentence... ;D

I prefer to separate the two concepts of Land Rovers and economy altogether..  :angel:

Pellson

Having to correct a few Christmas presents, we went into the town today, me and mrs P. Loads of people everywhere, but one upside with the Defender 90 is that while retaining the big off-roader "scare" effect on other drivers, it's so short and nimble that you actually can squeeze in almost on no space at all. Having thus gotten rid of the transport, we went to run our errands and also check out the Christmas ornaments shops post Christmas sale. Being more or less childishly amused by decorating the Christmas tree beyond any kind of reason, this sale is a bit of a high point in the year, and yes, we returned home with four more or less wild ornaments.

Having added these to the already severely overloaded tree, accompanied by Mrs P's loud sighs of despair, I'm now contemplating whether to repaint the Swedish Lansens in the four tone Viggen camouflage or the two tone green/blue Draken camouflage. The former is loads of work (and I'm awful at masking) but it might look cool. On the other hand - the two tone was actually used on some Lansens, if in second line service, and will mean a sneakier whif.
Decisions, decisions...

NARSES2

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Pellson on December 28, 2023, 03:48:02 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 28, 2023, 01:48:48 AM"But it was so cheap*, and I couldn't let it get away..."

I prefer to separate the two concepts of Land Rovers and economy altogether..  :angel:

;D

Speaking of Christmas ornaments, what about this one:

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/1144657699/die-hard-inspired-hans-gruber-falling

A quick-and-easy option would be to print one out, stick it onto cardboard, punch a hole and tie a loop - that's what I did, though (all together) 'That's cos I'm Cheap!'

Pellson

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 28, 2023, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: Pellson on December 28, 2023, 03:48:02 AM

;D

Speaking of Christmas ornaments, what about this one:

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/1144657699/die-hard-inspired-hans-gruber-falling

A quick-and-easy option would be to print one out, stick it onto cardboard, punch a hole and tie a loop - that's what I did, though (all together) 'That's cos I'm Cheap!'

A great idea, but I much prefer glittery stuff.

I am rewatching the film annually, though. As they say - it's not Christmas until the party in the Nakatomi building is over..  ;D