Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Happy Birthday mate.
Try not to let the world get you down.  Enjoy your kids.  You seem to get on with them and they with you.  Same can't be said for every family unfortunately.
Is someone getting you a cake?

:party: :party: :party: :ph34r:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Did someone say "cake"? :lol:

Happy Birthday, Pellson! :party:

May the number of your days be many & filled with happiness! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

Happy Birthday  Pellson.
I hope that you have a great day and its memberabale, for all the best reasons  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Have birthday squire and try not let the world get you down

Can't help with the I Phone issues I'm afraid but others might be able to. Try raising the question in the General section of the Board.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Thanks a lot for your wellwishings and thoughts. It does make my day significantly better.  :wub:

Having had a thorough think on the day ahead, I decided that something I really wanted was some curry. As I might have told earlier, I did develop a taste for the stuff while working off and on in the UK for a number of years. So accordingly, I took the family and went in town to one of the annoyingly few curry restaurants over here, indulging in my addictions for a bit. Good stuff, and speaking of stuffed - there's no afternoon tea in this house tonight, I tell ya..

I have also decided to stay away from the news for a day. The world will continue without me watching its every move, and if I miss something positive against all odds, I can rejoice about that tomorrow. I've also decided to treat myself with a new Ipad. I've "inherited" the kids old ones for years, and I'm getting a bit annoyed that the current one I have is too old to cope with my favourite map and navigation app as well as relevant streaming services. But the prices are extortionate! On the other hand, they won't get cheaper when China decides to cap off Taiwan, so..  :rolleyes:

Re the phone vs forum issue, I think it might have something to do with the latest IOS update. Very annoying indeed, but most likely, there'll be a fix from Apple sooner or later. Until then, I'll have to write from the computer, and as I can read from the phone, things could be worse. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on February 26, 2022, 08:32:21 AM
things could be worse.

As my old dad used to say  :thumbsup: Reminds me of The Perisher's cartoon in The Daily Mirror in which one of the characters was "Cousin Worsoff".  ;D

Glad you're into your curry  :thumbsup: One of the reasons I like visiting my family up North is that South Shields literally has a street full of the places for some reason. Not all survived Lockdown, but enough did  :thumbsup:

As for the News on tv etc. During normal times I'm an avid watcher but in times like these I just watch the evening news on tv. Only have to hear the rumour and counter rumour once a day then.  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

I wonder if it was an 'intentional' dud... given that friends of the ussr were everywhere back then... or is that too much conspiracy-theory? (I think I've run out of tinfoil, too... :o)

I agree Mr Zelensky is being a darn sight more restrained than I would be - or am!  ;D

I heard on the wireless today the local Kyiv drinks factory has turned it's hand to producing some of Mr Molotov's product... you do what you can, right?

Happy Birthday!  :thumbsup: Stay safe and sane, fella, and we hope you get lots of family time.  ;)

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

frank2056

Can you get one of these new Ikea products? Or are they export only...

Rheged

I'm only just back from visiting my older son and his family.  A slightly belated, but non the less heartfelt  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Quote from: frank2056 on February 28, 2022, 07:01:58 PM
Can you get one of these new Ikea products? Or are they export only...

Hilarious!  ;D
Not getting any worse by the fact that the name doesn't translate to "big bang" in Swedish, but rather into "big dick".

I've seen a few people, here as well as in other media, not quite getting why the Ukranians doesn't just bomb the f**k out of that fuel starved convoy north of Kiev. The sad truth is that the UAF more or less is non-existant at the moment, and that the missions they still can fly are more or less individual fighter sweeps at very low level, something leaving you rather exposed to the Russian Strela missiles accompanying that convoy. That said, I saw this morning that they've acquired some more armed drones, so maybe they can delay the refuelling, if nothing else.

It also seems as if the "EU fighters to Ukraine" deal is off, not having been anchored at all in the countries supposed to deliver the MiGs in question. Main reason seems to be that these countries need the fighters themselves as they perceive that they're next on Putins list of buffer countries. Hard to argue with, imho.
That said, there is a possibility that this will change over time, and to be honest, it does look as if time isn't that much of a problem, looking at it from a strategic perspective. RUssia is really doing badly and there's enough ATGM's and MANPAD's in the country to make this a very tedious campaign indeed for the invaders. And while that alone won't make Putin backtrack, it will affect the rest of the Russian society, and last time I checked, Putin wasn't immortal. But the sufferoing of the Ukrainian people will be absolutely horrifying.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My modelling is still a bit hampered by the toll the rape on Ukraine is taking on my mental energy, but at least, the improved MiG-19 is nearing RtP (Ready to Paint) status. Initially looking to make it a Luftwaffe aircraft, I'm now leaning on letting it go to the Slovak Air force. The Czechoslovakian Air Force was the only big operator of the MiG-19 in Europe, bar the PVO, of course, and they even manufactured it domestically as the Aero S-105. From that to letting the newly independent Slovak Republic take over some stored stock in the split with the Czech republic isn't too far..
Or maybe I'll think of something else.

I've also finalised a long overdue mat varnishing of three delta Mirages. Or rather, touch up varnishing. Now som tanks, bombs and missiles, and hey presto - they're complete!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on March 02, 2022, 04:47:22 AM

Main reason seems to be that these countries need the fighters themselves as they perceive that they're next on Putins list of buffer countries. Hard to argue with, imho.

Sounds just like Dowding's approach to sending Spitfires to France in 1939.

Save your most valuable assets for yourself.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2022, 05:30:06 AM
Quote from: Pellson on March 02, 2022, 04:47:22 AM

Main reason seems to be that these countries need the fighters themselves as they perceive that they're next on Putins list of buffer countries. Hard to argue with, imho.

Sounds just like Dowding's approach to sending Spitfires to France in 1939.

Save your most valuable assets for yourself.

Plus, if they were to start buying Eagle/Falcon/Hornet/Typhoon/Gripen/Rafael, to replace what was supplied to UAF, there's a lag time between order, production, delivery, training, and IOC.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

frank2056

The Turkish drones have been pretty effective taking out Russian armor.

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on March 02, 2022, 06:53:48 AM

Plus, if they were to start buying Eagle/Falcon/Hornet/Typhoon/Gripen/Rafael, to replace what was supplied to UAF, there's a lag time between order, production, delivery, training, and IOC.

4/5 years or so ? Or am I far to pessimistic ?