Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I'm lucky in that we have a good model show here in Adelaide every October.

However, the next closest is in Melbourne (750km via shortest inland route; 880km via coast & a quick visit to my youngest);

Then Sydney (1,375km via Wagga Wagga; 1,445km via Albury/Wodonga; both have the potential for a side-visit to the Australian War Memorial in Canberra & the (RAN) Fleet Air Arm Museum in Nowra).

Just glad I don't live in Perth! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 14, 2022, 07:27:14 PM

Just glad I don't live in Perth! :o

But that's where the lads are at the Scottish Nationals at this very moment  :angel: ;) ;D

No, I know what you mean. But showing how these things are relative, Perth (the Scottish one) is a long haul for me living south of the Thames, or at least I think of it as. Just looked and it's a 7 hour trip by train.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

You could try the Caledonian Sleeper Chris.

It's very comfy, but it's pricey, and would probably drop you off in Perth VERY early in the morning!  :-X
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Overnight Coach is cheaper and not as comfortable though, still gets there early though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 15, 2022, 08:22:15 AM
You could try the Caledonian Sleeper Chris.

It's very comfy, but it's pricey, and would probably drop you off in Perth VERY early in the morning!  :-X

Journey's not to bad as long as you go first, which is how I've done it last couple of times. Pricey, but very civilised  :cheers: That only leaves you with the uncomfortable 2 hours across London - KX to Crystal Palace. Mind you I normally break that in the bar at Victoria  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Ascension. That's four days off, and finally I got to go out to our much beloved cottage. No musts, needs or demands to take focus from just existing in the lovely and oh-so-green scandinavian May.
Having been far too busy to get anything model related at all done for quite some time, I now finally think I've completed the background backstory to the MiG-23 that was the last thing I actually built. Maybe I now can get it painted and decalled.

Wanting to keep the background story¨clean¨to be able to link to it from several project threads, I've elected to please ask you to comment here rather than there, drawing inspiration from the Wooksta's different construction threads. I'd really appreciate if you still do comment, though. More brains generally bring better results.
Anyway - here is the BACKGROUND.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on May 27, 2022, 04:13:14 AM
Ascension. That's four days off, and finally I got to go out to our much beloved cottage. No musts, needs or demands to take focus from just existing in the lovely and oh-so-green scandinavian May.
Having been far too busy to get anything model related at all done for quite some time, I now finally think I've completed the background backstory to the MiG-23 that was the last thing I actually built. Maybe I now can get it painted and decalled.

Wanting to keep the background story¨clean¨to be able to link to it from several project threads, I've elected to please ask you to ´comment here rather than there, drawing inspiration from the Wooksta's different construction threads. I'd really appreciate if you still do comment, though. More brains generally bring better results.
Anyway - here is the BACKGROUND.

Looking at the next ex-soviet aircraft, the MiG-25 from Zhengdefu really is a pig.. :-\ That said, there's really nothing better than an inaccurate and generally awful kit to whif as I then feel less of a criminal cutting it up for modifications, so maybe it's for the best. That is, if I can manage to remove the absolutely horrible excessive casting in the burner cans..  :rolleyes:

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on May 27, 2022, 04:13:14 AM

More brains bring better results.

Four days totally "off".......enjoy every moment of it!

"MOre brains......"    You are of course correct, and whiffery is indeed all the better for co-operation.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

frank2056

Quote from: Pellson on May 27, 2022, 04:17:44 AM
Looking at the next ex-soviet aircraft, the MiG-25 from Zhengdefu really is a pig.. :-\ That said, there's really nothing better than an inaccurate and generally awful kit to whif as I then feel less of a criminal cutting it up for modifications, so maybe it's for the best.

They thoughtfully provided a bag of parts for you to carve an airplane out of. Just think of yourself as a Scandinavian Michelangelo working in plastic. It could have been worse - it could have been a Starfix kit.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on May 27, 2022, 05:20:07 PM

It could have been worse - it could have been a Starfix kit.

Ahhhhh NO! ANYthing but that!  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Looking at the next ex-soviet aircraft, the MiG-25 from Zhengdefu really is a pig.. :-\ That said, there's really nothing better than an inaccurate and generally awful kit to whif as I then feel less of a criminal cutting it up for modifications, so maybe it's for the best.

They thoughtfully provided a bag of parts for you to carve an airplane out of. Just think of yourself as a Scandinavian Michelangelo working in plastic. It could have been worse - it could have been a Starfix kit.

The intake walls, razor sharp irl, are about half a bloody meter thick in scale.. 🙄

NARSES2

Like your background for NATO having Soviet equipment  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on May 28, 2022, 10:16:25 AM

The intake walls, razor sharp irl, are about half a bloody meter thick in scale.. 🙄

Right now, I'm seriously considering buying another Hasegawa Foxbat off Evilbay, committing this Chinese monster to more serious cutting up or even just as a part source. It just seems too much work to reach an acceptable result.

zenrat

If building a Hasegawa MiG 25 I recommend marker pen caps to fix the way too shallow exhausts.
MiG-25 WIP 15-08-2020 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2022, 04:18:43 AM
If building a Hasegawa MiG 25 I recommend marker pen caps to fix the way too shallow exhausts.
MiG-25 WIP 15-08-2020 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

That's really neat, Fred!  :thumbsup:

Currently eyeing ICMs offerings as well. I could actually use an MiG-25RBT as well, see, and as I have to import that from UK anyway, I just might buy another kit while at it. Or two. Or more..   :rolleyes: