Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Glad to hear you were well enough to travel as well. Maybe some time away will help you get back in the swing. Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Pellson on October 11, 2022, 06:09:04 AMWe'll - on the upside, it'll be good to revisit Helsinki. It's a beautiful place, if somewhat hard to "get in to" as Finns in my experience tend to be even harder to lock up than Swedes. And we're a grumpy lot, I tell ya..

Try New York City. People start blowing their car horns at you even before the light turns green.
I get into Chicago pretty frequently and people might ignore you on the side walk or talk your ear off. In my career as a surveyor I found the most friendly people on the supposedly bad side of town and the biggest jerks on the wealthy side of town.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: kerick on October 11, 2022, 08:49:12 PM
Quote from: Pellson on October 11, 2022, 06:09:04 AMWe'll - on the upside, it'll be good to revisit Helsinki. It's a beautiful place, if somewhat hard to "get in to" as Finns in my experience tend to be even harder to lock up than Swedes. And we're a grumpy lot, I tell ya..

Try New York City. People start blowing their car horns at you even before the light turns green.
I get into Chicago pretty frequently and people might ignore you on the side walk or talk your ear off. In my career as a surveyor I found the most friendly people on the supposedly bad side of town and the biggest jerks on the wealthy side of town.

I hear ya.
In my experience the lesser the population density, the more talkative people usually are. As a general rule, of course - there's always the exception.

Helsinki was better than expected from a social perspective, me running in to a long lost colleague on the airport. Good fun, and he also happened to know a most unusual and really really good curry place here in HEL. Who would have known?
But that was yesterday. This evening, it was sauna by the sea, watching the sun setting over the Gulf of Finland. Another excellent evening.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Got home alright too, but I'm easily tiring these days, so the Friday was all job and no fun. Well - in all honesty - my job IS a bit fun, but you get it..
Saturday was mainly spent ripping out a perfectly functioning alternator from one Land Dover just to then fit another alternator that didn't work in the non-functioning Land Rover. A test run showed that the fault now have moved between the Land Rovers, and that was actually good news, because now I hope I've finally found the culprit in my months long search for the reason of that aforementioned Land Rover's non-functioning. If I can beat the rain that's pulling in from the west as we speak, I'll taken the perfectly good alternator to the bad car ad see if it then turns into a good car, and if so, then I just need another alternator. Plus some spare parts for the old one, to make it a functional spare alternator..
I hope it works out. I'm somewhat fed up with not having the cars run as they should, especially now when the weather really underscores the reason fort having them in the first place.

Still annoyingly little progress with the German fighters, but I'm nearing to paint their mud moving relatives, and that feels good. I also seem to have found a source of sat least some Humbrol paint jars, and that's really a relief. And while not still having found the grey I need for the Norm 81 scheme, I might blend a can or so, now that I'll be getting some more stash to blend from.

Dr. Griffin

While alternating from one alternator to another alternator, does that cancel them out? . . . just joking  :blink:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on October 15, 2022, 04:35:17 PMGot home alright too, but I'm easily tiring these days,

I know how you feel.

As for the tale of two alternators. It could quite easily have been the script of a 1930's British Music Hall's comedy double act  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I can only wish you every success in your  task of alternating Land Rover  alternators between vehicles.  With winter approaching, a full set of functioning Land Rovers is better than any alternative.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on October 16, 2022, 07:04:31 AMI can only wish you every success in your  task of alternating Land Rover  alternators between vehicles.  With winter approaching, a full set of functioning Land Rovers is better than any alternative.

Ooh, you missed one, there, mate! :o

"I can only wish you every success in your task of alternating Land Rover alternators between alternate vehicles.  With winter approaching, a full set of functioning Land Rovers is better than the alternative."

;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dr. Griffin

Pellson

Well, the car wit the "good" alternator continues to work well, so I'll see to getting it MOT'ed tomorrow. It went out of the period in September, so the test drives have been moderately legal at best.
Also ordering a new alternator to the other one. It's an aftermarket one as the original from Japan is more than twice the cost, so fingers crossed for reliability. (I'll be getting some alternator spares as well, just to be able to rebuild that faulty alternator, should this new one cock up..)

I wonder when I'll have time to get some modelling done? Currently, there's 15 kits in different states of repair/build on my desk, so it is a bit crowded, I have to admit.

PR19_Kit

I like the concept of being 'moderately legal'.  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2022, 12:17:57 PMI like the concept of being 'moderately legal'.  ;D  ;D

Been there a few times  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

At the A&E with the 15yo as she stumbled and possibly broke an ankle. There's at least an hour and a half until we'll even see the tail of a doctor. Dead annoying!

Well. At least it's only an ankle. She could have banged her head or anything.

Old Wombat

Ouch! :o

Here's hoping it's nothing worse than a sprain (although they can be pretty serious). :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe