Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 15, 2022, 04:53:25 AMAh, wondered why I couldn't see anything!

https://i.imgur.com/g1Cx8rT.mp4

[img] doesn't work for video & YouTube doesn't work for other formats.
Oh! My bad. It does show on my Iphone, actually, but thanks for this headsup. I shall amend.. :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on December 15, 2022, 12:08:01 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2022, 11:53:25 PM
Quote from: Pellson on December 14, 2022, 09:51:47 AMNot withstanding the above, yours truly did have to cook, but for once, I managed to do so without turning the entire kitchen into a war zone, thereby significantly reducing the time needed to clear the decks.

Any hints on "How"  ;)  ;D
Not really. I'm as surprised as anyone..  ;D

Years of practice!

Actually, I quite enjoy cooking and in  over 35 years of marriage (36 years on Monday) I've learned how to keep the kitchen reasonably tidy and thus stay on the safe side of   Madame R.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on December 15, 2022, 05:13:20 AMActually, I quite enjoy cooking and in  over 35 years of marriage (36 years on Monday) I've learned how to keep the kitchen reasonably tidy and thus stay on the safe side of   Madame R.

I'm 15 years behind you, but the kids actually prefer my cooking over Mrs P's. She, however, is happily living with that, normally just draping herself over the couch in anticipation of dinner. And I clean up myself, unless I am quick enough to enforce some slave labour on one or another youngling just having enjoyed the results of said contamination..

Rick Lowe

Anticipated Congrats to the Elders of the Clan Rheged!

We eventually worked out a rule in my flatting days... if you cooked, you didn't clean up... worked for us, just saying... ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 15, 2022, 08:20:27 PMWe eventually worked out a rule in my flatting days... if you cooked, you didn't clean up... worked for us, just saying... ;)

That's the system me and Jan used. Seemed to work when she did the cooking, but not when I did  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 16, 2022, 05:18:49 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 15, 2022, 08:20:27 PMWe eventually worked out a rule in my flatting days... if you cooked, you didn't clean up... worked for us, just saying... ;)

That's the system me and Jan used. Seemed to work when she did the cooking, but not when I did  :rolleyes:

I am actually not complaining. Mrs P is definitely out of my league in most senses, and I have to admit that I'm still somewhat surprised that she's still bearing with me everyday.  This hobby, f.i, doesn't help much..;D
And to be fair, it's me being unable to stop waving the spoons around too violently over the pots..  :angel:

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on December 16, 2022, 05:51:02 AMI am actually not complaining. Mrs P is definitely out of my league in most senses, and I have to admit that I'm still somewhat surprised that she's still bearing with me everyday. 

I often have the same thoughts about Madame R!     Her comment was  "After 36 years, I can't be  bothered to train a new partner".   

It took me a while to find  Bridget, but I'm very glad I did.

Rick Lowe

Always pleasing to hear of people 'punching above their weight', as they say.  :thumbsup:
Congrats to all concerned!

Pellson

Still fiddling with some small things, but in a few days, given that I get some time on my own, I'll have a few new models to show. Just bear with me.

In the meantime, you all know by now that another love in my life, besides the unbelievably smart, wise, hot and cool Mrs. P and these plastics we're normally talking about here, is Land Rover Defenders. Now - many of you being British, this crowd would actually, on average, be expected to be somewhat more tolerant towards these dinosaurs of transportation, but for those of you having a more normal view on things, or just thinking I'm a complete idiot (you are btw excused in beforehand, there's not much sense in Defenders these days), I happened to come across this little film that quickly and very accurately describes why every last one of you actually should, at one point in time of your life, own and operate an old Land Rover.
Buckle up, lean back and enjoy:

The Land Rover Defender - Why everyone should have one!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2022, 07:27:50 AM, I happened to come across this little film that quickly and very accurately describes why every last one of you actually should, at one point in time of your life, own and operate an old Land Rover.
Buckle up, lean back and enjoy:

The Land Rover Defender - Why everyone should have one!

I actually do.  I've wanted to get a LWB Defender ever since Pertwee's Doctor and his interactions with UNIT, as well as seeing a IIA in Steve Martin's spin at being Cyrano de Bergerac in 1987's Roxanne
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

As you might have guessed already, there hasn't been much time for modelling during Xmas. Or any time, more precisely. Well - I actually did attach the third and final missile under an updated Mirage IIIC (more about that in a later post) but that was a 40 second job, so it doesn't really count.

But the holidays have been nice. Good, hobby related gifts, if not modelling related, and happy receivers of my gifts. Among them one plastic kit, a P-51 for my youngest who loves to fly and fight them in an online game he plays with friends.
Tomorrow, we'll be visiting our friends, old friends even (almost all friends are, these days) that we see too seldom, and that should also be nice. And then - new years.

Whereas the New Year's party we hold every year with another group of old friends (it may or may not be the 30th anniversary party this time) always is really nice, I'm always a bit awkward about the new year thing as such. There's always a big fuss about improving, expanding and changing, and all years don't do that for you. 2022 was indeed not a year of improvement, in a global perspective. And in a smaller, personal perspective, any bloody year I live through without dying from my cancer will be a good year, more or less, at least, but that cancer also mean that I, actually, won't develop or improve in any significant way ever again. I'm on the slope, and it's downhill. I can see friends and acquaintances improve, get promoted and move up. And that's nice for them, but at the same time, it does hurt a little bit in me. Seven years ago, I was ahead of most of them. Not anymore. I haven't the energy anymore. I'm not reliably there as I was, because any day, an X-ray can show new tumours and then I'll be off and away for another year or so. It's as it is, but it's not very encouraging.

On the other hand, realising and accepting where I am has meant that I am significantly more relaxed as far as career and status goes these days. And that's not entirely bad. I allow myself sleep-ins when I need them, I ruthlessly prioritise my family above any duty imaginable and I actually don't care that much about neither business nor politics as I once did. And I feel better for it.

But back on topic - as fun as new years celebrations may be, it's also an acknowledgement that my time is running out. And not only for me. I'm now old enough to see some of my friends performance curves flattening as well, for one reason or another. And I don't like it. It's just no fun at all not being able to keep the standard I used too. And too often it seems that much of the rest of the world is sharing my problem.

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2022, 03:33:54 PMOn the other hand, realising and accepting where I am has meant that I am significantly more relaxed as far as career and status goes these days. And that's not entirely bad. I allow myself sleep-ins when I need them, I ruthlessly prioritise my family above any duty imaginable and I actually don't care that much about neither business nor politics as I once did. And I feel better for it.

But back on topic - as fun as new years celebrations may be, it's also an acknowledgement that my time is running out. And not only for me. I'm now old enough to see some of my friends performance curves flattening as well, for one reason or another. And I don't like it. It's just no fun at all not being able to keep the standard I used too. And too often it seems that much of the rest of the world is sharing my problem.

It took me a long time to get to a similar position regarding family/friends and work, but once I did life was certainly a lot better. New Year for me is no longer the huge party it was, partly because I can't party that way any more  :angel: , but also because I have got to the point where you start to wonder not only about your own health in the coming year but also about that of your friends and family as well, but heck I'm still breathing and being bothered by the taxman and that's a lot better than the alternative  ;)

Have a good New Year  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I have a vague memory **  that sometime round about the start of this year when we were all announcing our plans for 2022; I said that my only real plan was to survive until January 2023 so that I would be in a position to wish you a Happy New Year and that you would be there to receive these best wishes.

**Yes!! shouts Madame Rheged, he has a very vague memory 

RESULT!! We both seem to be  (to quote Chris)  still breathing and being bothered by the taxman    so I think that we can mark this plan as a success!!

Michael, Bridget, no.1 son David and family; and no.2 son Andrew wish the whole Pellson family a peaceful, prosperous and whiffily productive 2023.

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on October 19, 2022, 07:56:29 AMAt the A&E with the 15yo as she stumbled and possibly broke an ankle. There's at least an hour and a half until we'll even see the tail of a doctor. Dead annoying!

Well. At least it's only an ankle. She could have banged her head or anything.

Is there a current medical bulletin affixed to the  family residence railings concerning Miss Pellson's ankle injury?  We would hope that it is suitably recovered by now and she is restored to her usual athletic self!

Old Wombat

My New Year's wish is to wish you a Merry Christmas 2023 & to have you with us to welcome in 2024, Mr Pellson! :angel:

Stay healthy & positive, mate! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est