Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Nice picture.
Does the dog wear boots?

Charlie the Wonder Dog is currently sporting one on her left rear paw while it fully heals.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on January 22, 2023, 04:10:28 AMNice picture.
Does the dog wear boots?

Charlie the Wonder Dog is currently sporting one on her left rear paw while it fully heals.

Only when there's sticky snow. Then that will build up in the fur on his paws, and things get tiresome.

~+~+~+~

Grey weather as predicted, but also even colder, meaning that I don't even need excuses to leave the broken cars where they are. My body can't cope with that kind of abuse any more, so I've been staying indoors most of today, and actually, lo and behold, DID manage to get some light pylons under the Voodoo. Being on it, I've also repainted it a little bit, preparing for the identity change. And finally, choosing to ditch the short range AIM-4 Falcons for proper BVR stuff, I've attached a missile pallet on the centreline, preparing for carriage of AIM-7 variants and derivatives thereof. We'll see how it looks when we get things a little further.

While scavenging the spare pylon bin for the Voodoo rails, I found two sets that I deemed suitable for the Super Deuces. Having mulled on that for a bit, weighing pros and cons, I decided for. While the AIM-4 Falcon missile could have been developed into a better killer than it was, the AIM-9 was chosen for a reason (fin layout giving inherently better manoeuvrability). Also, mounting IR seeking missiles externally mean better target acquisition, regardless of launch aircraft having an IR seeker of its own or not, so on they went, providing my two F-102D's with significantly better self defence capabilities, if fielding L or M Sidewinders. And I think it looks rather natural, actually.

You cannot view this attachment.

Having fixed some touch ups like painting the engine exhaust as well as the new pylons and their attachments on the Danish Deuce, that model is only lacking some more Medium Grey treatment before being ready for varnish and decals. I've dug out the decals I'm going to use, and I think it'll work out well. I only hope the liquid decal film I ordered will arrive soon as I'm really closing in on needing it acutely.

Tomorrow's Monday, and then I have to work a little bit again, but I hope that I will have the energy to get a little more work done on any of the models. I feel in the mood, and I'm really taking pleasure in that feeling.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Having put the >>Deuces<< out to dry to allow varnish and decals, accompanied by the very much vintage Matchbox Voodoo (also drying) - what do I do now..? I've rarely felt so lost at the modelling table before. It is as if the rush with the Deuces need more.. .Deuces..  :o

Time for a stashdig, methinks. Not to chase Deuces (I'm out) but you never know what will turn up when you start muddling through the boxes..

PR19_Kit

Stashdigs are ALWAYS educational as you never fully remember what's in there.

To be sure you'll find a long forgotten Hasefixogram F-87G with the very rare weapons set as well, but the decals will be junk of course. But no matter, this is WhiffWorld and that set from the Lindberg Phantom will work a treat on it.  ;D  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Went out in the magazine for an hour, carrying the box with the leftover German kits. I'll get back to them when that particular mojo reawakens.
Returning inside, I brought a box full of Scandinavian stuff, included a bunch of half built things that really triggered me. This can be gooooood... :wub:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

While drooling over some quite nice RSwAF whatifs in various stages, some very nearly ready and some barely started, I also dug out an ancient Hasegawa F-100D, molded in dark green styrene. As Danish Super Sabres wore all over green, it seems as if that's how it's supposed to end up. I'll just need some more roundels, methinks. 

And speaking of decals. I managed to decal not only the Danish Super Sabre, but also an equally Danish Starfighter in the same, F-16 inspired scheme. While grey and greyer, the Danish red/white markings make things a lot more interesting once they go on, so I'm well chuffed. Even if the ancient Hasegawa decals were troublesome, they ended up where they were supposed to, and the two fighters look really good. I'll shoot them for pics once they're matted.

Next in line, there's an almost out of the box Hunter sitting, also waiting for Danish decals. Maybe I find time for that too, tomorrow, in between the varnishings of the two grey ones. I haven't all day - tomorrow is The Great X-Ray Day, with bells, whistles and as much radioactive isotopes that I rarely need any headlights driving home. Good stuff!

And on Thursday, God willing, we're off to Denmark. I'd really like to have a few model pics to show once we get there, so the Hellenic Deuce will have to rest for a bit. Like I will now, actually

NARSES2

It's nice when you have a "bouncy" day like that and things seem to be on a roll   ;D

I hope all goes well at the hospital  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Thanks.
X-rays went ok, but as usual results are due only in a month. And I'm rather worn out this evening. Hospitals tend to do that to me.
Considering whether to varnish the two decalled Danes tonight or not, but can't decide. Having more tea to assist in thinking.

This morning, before the x-rays, I re-engined one of my rediscovered SAAB projects. As I sit here now, with the tea, just looking at it from different angles, it really came out splendid. Pretty chuffed. The project in itself, a rather heavily modified SAAB 32 Lansen (the Lance), is as a whole surprisingly pretty, actually. Almost Hunter-pretty. I'd forgotten about it, so it was a nice surprise to find it in the box.

Ah well..  Varnish, eh? Matt varnish, even. Well, JFDI as my old scottish boss used to put it..  :rolleyes:

Pellson

Well, that didn't go as planned. Preparing the varnish, I suddenly realised that I'd done the final touch ups with the wrong grey hue. Annoying.
Well, well. I've re-touched up and now it'll dry until tomorrow. Varnish then, apparently. 🙄

NARSES2

Well at least you noticed before you varnished it  ;)

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on January 25, 2023, 10:20:54 AMHaving more tea to assist in thinking.

Tea is ALWAYS  a very sound policy! It is an insufficiently well known fact that  as well as tannin, tea contains "Whifferin"  a substance that stimulates the imagination.

I know exactly what you mean about hospital visits being very tiring. Been bored  there, done that (regularly), got the bruises where a hamfisted  radiographer put in a cannula.  I too hope that all your results are positive.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I had my last cup of tea at b'fast on Sept 5th 1965 and I don't think my imagination has been limited by the lack of it since then...........  ;)  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Kit, "Whifferin" is  found in several other foods  apart from tea.  This is an under-researched field of study.   I'd be the first to agree that your diet contains copious quantities of the substance.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet