Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Might be in the coffee or the morning porridge then.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Thanks a lot gentlemen. It does help, you know, getting some support, even if from a distance..

I slept awfully, so today has more or less been a "non-day", mostly having been spent horizontal in a sofa. I went up at eight to take a job meeting that almost floored me. Not due to work drama, but because I was so relentlessly tired. The I went in to town, to deliver some LR parts to my local mechanic who's helping out with one of the landys, then went back to crash in that famous sofa, and there I slept for three hours. Then up for another meeting (MS Teams, you know) and then another hour-and-a-half in the sofa again before I finally had recovered some energy. But at that time, the day was mostly gone.
And we didn't get to go to Denmark this weekend. One of my girls is having a cold (not Covid, we have tested her) but still, noone wants to be infected, so we are staying at home. That really got to, me, actually. It's a lovely refuge, going to that part of the family and just hanging out. No stress, no fuss and some beer with Uncle Klaus. Ah, well, we're going at the easter as usual, but that just seems so far away, and I had really, really looked forward to the trip this time. So - permission to say "cock".

Well -  tonight, I at least regained some courage and did get around to put the matt varnish on the two Danish fighters. Preliminary results look good, but we shall see tomorrow when it has dried properly. I usually tend to miss a patch here and there, so a second once over is needed. Looking forward to it though. The Super Deuce has been a fast but very fun project indeed, and the decals really took much of the grey dullness away.
And now the significantly better half is calling for tea. Better get to it, haven't I?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rick Lowe

One does what one should when the Genetically Superior Beings summon one.  ;D

And permission granted, Old Chap - in fact, one is invited to take the initiative when the occasion calls for it - remember, "Forgiveness is easier to get than Permission..."

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2023, 10:46:01 AMI had my last cup of tea at b'fast on Sept 5th 1965 and I don't think my imagination has been limited by the lack of it since then...........  ;)  ;D

Weirdo.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 27, 2023, 03:07:42 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2023, 10:46:01 AMI had my last cup of tea at b'fast on Sept 5th 1965 and I don't think my imagination has been limited by the lack of it since then...........  ;)  ;D

Weirdo.

You've taken THIS long to work that out?  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Sorry to hear you won't be making Denmark I know you were looking forward to it. You mentioning Easter, made me look it up as I've no idea when it is and it's 7th/10th April, so 2 months basically. Not that it really matters to us retired folk  :angel:

Hope your daughter's not to bad with the cold  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 27, 2023, 03:41:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 27, 2023, 03:07:42 AM

Weirdo.

You've taken THIS long to work that out?  ;D  ;)

No, we have been well aware of it for some time now, but have been to well-mannered to say anything...  :rolleyes:

Pellson

Not a good day. Windy, somewhat wet and work to do outdoors. Truly a less than optimal correlation.

Well, we managed to detach the faulty brakes from the daughters Jimny (nice and commendably simply built car, by the way) but lost two bolts and found one caliper beyond saving. New stuff ordered, but lack of transport is an apparently continuing factor. Annoying

And the Defender 110 still sits nicely on three wheels as the parts broker managed a pretty stiff cockup, leaving without the oil seal I need to offer up first. Cock.. 

Well, there'll be another day tomorrow and thank God for that!

Modellimgwise - I have been looking for decals but built zilch.  Not entirely pleasing that either, but it is what it is.

Pellson

Dull day, and the irritation over the missing seal is hovering like a rain cloud over me throughout the day. But I might have been able to source it elsewhere for quick delivery. We'll see on Tuesday.

On Friday, we discovered a water leak that has the potential to properly ruin quite some planning. It seems our machine room (washing and drying plus heater) and the main bathroom will be affected, and that they will be out of commission until at least after the summer. That's a hit, and to finance it, we're probably letting the short Defender go. Not a happy camper about that. But that need to pass MOT first, and to do that, some fixing is required, so work, work and more work. In this awful climate.

Despite the above, I've made some minor PSR on that old voodoo as well as having closed up some minor gaps and stuff on the SAAB 32. I didn't find the peace to decal, so the Greek Deuce is still sitting on its own. But we'll get there..

Kip now. I need to get some sleep to cope.

NARSES2

That's a bit of a "B"  :-\  However you are getting some done,  :thumbsup:  unlike some of us .
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Much better day today. Not that the damage from the water leak in any way has improved, but as the prettier part of the family started to pic Google new tiles, she almost started to look forward to having the old kit replaced. And me too. Damn - there are pretty things available!
Also, my energy levels has been significantly better today. While there's still no spare Defender oil seal, I couldn't get any car rolling, but then again, that seal will, best case, show up tomorrow. I did call to make sure it got sent today, though.

Being somewhat pep for once, I actually DID get the decals on the Ouzo Deuce. And a Johnson's coating on top of that. And some details painted on the Voodoo, so theoretically, that too will be ready for decalling tomorrow. God willing, that is.

So a pretty good day. I needed that.

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on January 30, 2023, 11:20:54 AMMuch better day today. Not that the damage from the water leak in any way has improved, but as the prettier part of the family started to pic Google new tiles, she almost started to look forward to having the old kit replaced. And me too. Damn - there are pretty things available!
Also, my energy levels has been significantly better today. While there's still no spare Defender oil seal, I couldn't get any car rolling, but then again, that seal will, best case, show up tomorrow. I did call to make sure it got sent today, though.

Being somewhat pep for once, I actually DID get the decals on the Ouzo Deuce. And a Johnson's coating on top of that. And some details painted on the Voodoo, so theoretically, that too will be ready for decalling tomorrow. God willing, that is.

Good news about the pep, bad news about the leak

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on January 30, 2023, 11:20:54 AMMuch better day today. Not that the damage from the water leak in any way has improved, but as the prettier part of the family started to pic Google new tiles, she almost started to look forward to having the old kit replaced. And me too. Damn - there are pretty things available!

Delighted that you've had a pretty good day, and equally pleased/relieved on your behalf that your good lady has chosen to regard the leak as an opportunity rather than just a problem.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

There's always an upside... though sometimes you have to look pretty hard to find it...

Pellson

A slight step backwards today, not at all feeling as sprightly as yesterday. But after a midday kip, things improved somewhat, leading to a pretty good day overall.
The garage called, declaring the short Landy useable so I took it for its yearly MOT, that, quite unexpectedly, it passed without any bigger fuss. That was a relief! So, only the long one left to fix, but the missing oil seal arrived today, giving me the opportunity to attack it any day I feel up to it. And that's good.

Modelling wise? Nil. But it doesn't matter, actually. There's two projects waiting for decals, and having sorted that, they can join the Greek Deuce in getting the matt varnish on. And finishing them too would make the last weeks the most productive in a very long time indeed.
By the way, that Greek machine looks better than I'd expected when decalled. That's nice. These two old Hasegawa deltas has been very enjoyable indeed!  :wub:

And for those wondering about all this non-modelling talk in this blog - well, sticking to writing a short note every day makes me stay better into modelling, I've found, minimising the risk for longer pauses. And I feel good when modelling. It's a kind of mental yoga to me. So anything making the yoga more effective is pursued. Including writing nonsense about old cars of significantly questionable quality, small hairy and annoying dogs etc. Bear with me. ;)