Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 22, 2023, 10:16:19 AMYes, it's almost identical, but with a cross brace added underneath as it's a convertible. IIRC it's the same cross brace that they fitted to the Herald and Vitesse convertibles.

Cheers Kit  :thumbsup:  I think our Spit was a Mk II, had wire wheels and just enough room in the back for our Doberman  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2023, 02:35:10 AMAlfasud?
I think I saw one once but by the time I crossed the road for a decent look there was nothing left but a pile of iron oxide.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Back home after a few days in the archipelagian cottage. Lovely R&R, even though the weather has been less than optimal. While not bringing anything modelling related,  I did bring a few books I've been longing to read, and that's where I've spent my time. And it's been absolutely lovely!

Looking towards a more "normal" week, I've not yet decided on whether to carry on my reading spree or diversify into modelling again. While still having another week off, the better half hasn't and that invariably leads to some logistical management which, annoyingly, can be quite distressing. That, in turn, is usually a mojo killer, and starting something just to lose the drive.. also a mojo killer.

But also not a good idea to worry prematurely. So we'll see.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

I suggest you read. When you reach the end of a chapter, do a little modelling if you feel like it and then return to the book for another chapter, other commitments depending.

Here's me giving advice on reading with a Library of books to read myself  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on February 26, 2023, 01:13:08 PM.

Here's me giving advice on reading with a Library of books to read myself  :banghead:

Gondor

A much appreciated and heartfelt advice, though. Thanks.

Rick Lowe

I wonder whether our Books To Read Stashes match our Models To Build ones... I know mine does...

scooter

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 26, 2023, 08:30:36 PMI wonder whether our Books To Read Stashes match our Models To Build ones... I know mine does...
Yes
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 26, 2023, 08:30:36 PMI wonder whether our Books To Read Stashes match our Models To Build ones... I know mine does...

As does mine  ;D

Quote from: Pellson on February 26, 2023, 12:34:08 PMI've not yet decided on whether to carry on my reading spree or diversify into modelling again.

Personally if the book was narrative, fiction or historical, then I finish it rather than lose track. If reference then they are much easier to put down and then pick up again later. Just my tuppence worth.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I have far more unbuilt kits than I have unread books. But not by much.

Pellson

Quote from: Nick on February 27, 2023, 06:26:04 AMI have far more unbuilt kits than I have unread books. But not by much.

I'm with Nick here, but that might be due to the fact that my StashTM is around 750 kits as we stand.
That said, we have an entire room (if not a big one) dedicated to our books, but as a matter of fact, most of them are read.

Pellson

As it happens, I never got started on that book. I should, though, as it is a rundown by one of our best scholars on how the current Russia is ticking on. And that might change, or, as the chap has said himself: "The book was almost ready a year ago - and then I had to rewrite half of it.."

Instead, I unpacked an old Hasegawa Super Sabre and got to paint some interior. Not that there is much of an interior in these kits, but you can at least make an effort with what there is, methinks. So a coat of light grey and some green for the bang seat cushions, at least.
The plan is that it'll be a Danish one, as I seem to be in a Scandinavian spree for the time being. An almost RW build, but with that added Ferranti LRMTS under the nose I've worked into the German Hun backstory already. Other changes from the kit are omission of the wing fences and addition of the wing tip ECM pods/rods as per the actual late Danish Huns, but apart from than that, no surprises. So most likely a nice and quick little build. These old Hasegawas usually are.

You cannot view this attachment.

An upside with this particular kit issue is that it's molded in a dark green plastic, making the overall Danish dark green camouflage most likely a  onecoat affair. Always something.. And quick builds are good for the mojo, I find.

NARSES2

I've some vague memories of that old dark green plastic, but from a very long time ago  ;D

PR19_Kit

What ARE you going to do with FOURTY NINE Sidewinders!!!  :o

(Yes, I know I'm an anorak, I counted them. )
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 07:18:48 AMWhat ARE you going to do with FOURTY NINE Sidewinders!!!  :o

Arm between 12 and 24 fighters?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 07:18:48 AMWhat ARE you going to do with FOURTY NINE Sidewinders!!!  :o

There should be 48.. 

Basically, it's my Sidewinder stash, and while painting the four missiles that went to the Super Deuces, I decided to just paint them all. It's boring whichever way you do it, so I'd thought I'd just be done with it..